On the hunt for a portable breakfast, free of gluten and grains? The search is over! Our Grain-Free Pancake Muffins are exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Using your blender, or even a food processor the batter for these delicious Grain-Free Pancake Muffins comes together quickly. They are filling and perfectly nutritious without refined sugars or grains.
Even if your family doesn’t follow a grain or gluten-free diet, kids will love the pancake flavor in each bite, and really, who doesn’t love a delicious, portable breakfast?
Watch how these pancake muffins are made:
For more grain free recipes to fill your other meals, check out our Grain Free Meal Plans to add a little more variety and fun to your family meals!
Grain Free Pancake Muffins
Recipe from Everyday Grain-Free Baking Cookbook directions adapted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt 3 large eggs
- ½ cup blueberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin pan with 8 liners.
- Place yogurt, melted butter, honey (or maple syrup), vanilla, and apple cider vinegar into a blender.
- Blend just until combined.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet mixture and blend.
- The batter will be very thick, so you might need to wipe the sides with a spatula.
- Add the eggs to the thick batter and blend, just until everything is combined. If you over mix, the muffins won’t be tender.
- If you are adding blueberries to these muffins, transfer batter into a bowl and fold in the berries. Then, distribute batter evenly into the 8 muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Whole30 & Family KickStart: substitute whole milk yogurt with canned coconut milk. Omit the honey and add ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 86.4mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 9.6mg