This recipe for Halloween Ghost Cookies is awesome! You can use store-bought nutter butters or the homemade recipe included.
This Halloween, you can make your little one’s lunch boxes extra special by including one or two of these as a treat. You might not like those store-bought cookies, but with this recipe, you have the option of making them yourself.
If you have nut allergies, you can definitely make your own cookies using sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.
So now that you have these awesome cookies, what healthy lunch are you going to send to school?
You know you can never have enough school lunch ideas, right?
Halloween Ghost Cookies
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips, or
- 12 ounces vanilla candy coating, my least favorite
- 1 pound package peanut butter-filled sandwich cookies , or
- This homemade peanut-butter recipe
- 64 miniature chocolate chips, about 4 teaspoons
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips or candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Using a fork to poke through the “sandwich” middle, dip the entire top and side of each cookie into the coating, letting the excess drip off. Lay the cookies flat, coated side up, on the cookie sheets.
- Place two chocolate chips in the coating to form eyes. Or, melt the chocolate chips and use a decorator’s bottle or zip bag to decorate eyes, bow ties, etc.
- Let the cookies stand for about 10 minutes until set.