Halloween is here! What do you like to put in your kid’s lunch box for Halloween?
Halloween is quickly nearing, and what better way to get in the mood than with a Halloween-themed lunch? Sometimes our kids deserve just a little something extra, and Ghost Strawberries are an easy addition to the lunch box that’ll make your kids feel special.
It is easier than you think to get that Halloween spirit in your kid’s lunch box. Use these spoooooky white-chocolate-covered ghost strawberries that count as a fruit AND dessert! What a perfectly boo-tiful way to finish off lunch! :)
The ghost strawberries are an easy and delicious addition to a school lunch when made ahead. Stored in the fridge, they are ready to pop into any lunch in a moment’s notice. Be sure to pack them with an ice pack to keep cool!
There are just so many ways to keep your kid’s lunch box fun and entertaining and yelling “eat me!” to your kids! Running out of ideas? MOMables has you covered, so come check it out!Print
Halloween Ghost Strawberries
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 15 minutes
- Category: Treast
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- About 10 strawberries, washed and dried*
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes and regular morsels for a mouth
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, set to 50% power, and cook, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and creamy.
- Line a plate or flat surface with waxed paper, and set aside.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Carefully place the chocolate chip eyes and mouth. Lay the dipped strawberries on the plate, and place in the fridge until completely hardened.
- Remove the ghosts from the waxed paper and enjoy, or store them in a container for later use.
*To wash and dry the strawberries, try this great technique on How to Keep Berries Fresh Longer
- Serving Size: 1 chocolate covered strawberry
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: .5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: chocolate covered strawberries
For more lunchtime Halloween fun, be sure to check out the cute lunches my girls made all by themselves or this yummy tortellini lunch eaten at home!
Leave a Reply