October 15, 2014
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pumpkin tortilla chips are the perfect snack for Fall. They’re quick and easy to make, and make a fun festive treat for a party or lunchbox treat.
This time of year, it seems that only candy is being passed around and shared during classroom snack time. How about adding some healthy snacks into the mix?
I like to serve these pumpkin tortilla chips with some salsa! Not only do these chips make a great snack, but they are also perfect for packed lunches too.
To make these fun pumpkin tortilla chips, we used sundried tomato wraps. The pretty color of the sundried tomato also gives these chips that pumpkin feel.
How to Make Your Own Chips
Chips are so incredibly easy and quick to make—you may even start to wonder why you even buy store-bought tortilla chips at all!
- Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter to turn the wraps into tiny pumpkins. If you want to make ghost chips click here!
- Line the pumpkins on your baking sheet and lightly spray the chips with cooking spray
- Sprinkle with salt or other chosen toppings
- Bake for 8-15 minutes
These chips can puff up after being baked. So they actually look like little pumpkins. Kids love them.
I only sprinkled salt this time, but next time, I think I will put some red pepper to make some spicier chips.
The best part about making your own chips is that you can mix and match your ingredients. I like my chips a little bit spicier, while my daughter won’t eat anything remotely spicy. This way, I can make chips for the whole family.
And make sure not to throw out the scraps! Scraps taste just as good too!
Cut them into smaller pieces and add them to the tray to be baked. The pumpkin-shaped tortilla chips “taste better” to my daughter, so I let her eat those. I am more than happy eating the scraps!
These chips would also make the perfect addition to your kid’s Halloween school lunches!
What to Serve With Homemade Pumpkin Chips
These chips go great with anything, or just by themsleves, but I couldn’t leave you without sharing a couple of my absolute favorites recipes to serve with these homemade chips.
One last tip before you make these pumpkin tortilla chips on your own.
If you are having trouble cutting through your tortilla because it is too cold or you only have a plastic cookie cutter, stick the tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds for easier cutting.
How will you enjoy this Fall snack first?
Pumpkin Tortilla Chips
- 2 sun-dried tomato tortillas
- Pumpkin cookie cutter
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut pumpkins out of your tortillas and place them onto the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the chips with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden (time varies based on the oven).
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!
Leave a Reply