October 18, 2016
This Pumpkin Chia Pudding is a healthy, fall recipe that requires no cooking, and you can serve it for breakfast or dessert!
Have you ever tried chia pudding? If not, this pumpkin pudding is a great introduction. When combined with liquid, chia seeds form a gel-like consistency that’s very similar to pudding. They’re also full of fiber and omega-3’s. Add pumpkin pureé and pumpkin pie spice to that mix, and you have a bonafide dessert.
It’s a perfect grain-free alternative for oatmeal or a healthier version of pumpkin pudding that you can prep ahead and store in the fridge for a morning meal or late-night treat.
Related: Healthy Fall Breakfasts
How to Make Pumpkin Chia Pudding
If you can stir ingredients together, then you can make this easy pumpkin dessert. Here’s how to do it:
Stir together the chia seeds, milk, pumpkin pureé, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and molasses until combined. Optional- blend all the ingredients after soaking to create a smoother consistency.
Place in the fridge. Let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Divide the pudding into 2 jars, top with nuts, fruit, and a drizzle of maple syrup or molasses.
This recipe calls for only ½ cup of pumpkin pureé, so it’s perfect when you need something to make with canned pumpkin leftovers from another recipe.
More Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Can’t stop craving all things pumpkin spice? I’ve got you covered with more delicious ideas you’re family will love.
Who says you can’t eat clean and still enjoy your favorite desserts? I have an entire cookbook that shows you just how to enjoy your favorite treats- guilt-free!
Clean Treats Cookbook
Healthy and wholesome dessert recipes you’ll want to eat made with clean ingredients you already have on hand.
Grab your copy today!
What are some of your favorite, healthy desserts to make?
Healthy Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cups milk , or non-dairy alternative
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses, optional
- Toppings: nuts, fruit, seeds, molasses
- In a medium bowl, add chia seeds, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and molasses (if using). Whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Place in the fridge. Let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, divide into two jars or bowls and top with nuts, fruit, and a drizzle of molasses.