Homemade DIY Frozen Pizzas that are convenient and ready when you need them.
There is just something about pizza. It is oh-so-good. We love pizza in our family and have it at least once a week. Pizza is our favorite quick meal that we can just throw together and bake.
I must confess, even making a simple pizza seems stressful on those long days. And while occasionally we will order out some pizza, I always end up feeling like we overpaid for something I could make even better at home.
Enter in frozen pizzas. Frozen pizzas are a lifesaver sometimes! Just pop it out of the freezer, into the oven, and done! Dinner is done with little to no prep, and the kitchen is not a mess!
As a busy mom, that is music to my ears. And while frozen boxed pizzas can be delicious, there is just something special about homemade pizza.
When you eat a homemade pizza, you can taste the fresh, real ingredients and no artificial flavors or preservatives. Whether you have food allergies to consider or because everyone likes their own separate toppings, you also get to tailor your pizza to your own needs at home. But making a pizza for pizza night from scratch is not that convenient during busy days.
I always like to have a few ready-made meals in our freezer for those days when no one wants to cook or we have a very busy schedule—and these DIY Frozen Pizzas are perfect!
By par-baking your pizza dough for 3 to 5 minutes before freezing, you ensure that your crust will stay crispy even after being in the freezer.
These DIY Frozen Pizzas can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. My daughter likes to help me make a few pizzas together to then freeze. It is a great way to get her involved in the kitchen.
Have leftover pizzas? Pack them for lunch.
DIY Frozen Pizzas
- Cuisine: Dinner
- Pizza dough, or store-bought
- ½–1 cup tomato sauce
- 1–2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, and peppers for example
- Preheat the oven to 450F, and place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven while it is heating.
- Roll out your pizza to the desired shape and thickness.
- Place the pizza on parchment paper onto the pizza stone (or baking sheet) and par-bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the pizza dough cool completely.
- Decorate your pizza with tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and your desired toppings.
- Place the pizza on a baking sheet and freeze until solid, for about 3 hours.
- Wrap the pizza in plastic wrap, and then place it in a freezer ziploc bag (squeeze out the extra air).
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Bake the frozen pizza (unwrapped) at 450F, and cook your pizzas until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.