June 11, 2013
Looking to nourish your baby with healthy homemade food? This baby meal is sure to keep your baby healthy.
I love this baby food mixture for babies ages 7 months and older. It has all the basic vitamins, protein and fiber that your baby needs for a meal.
When making the Mango Madness Baby Meal, make a large enough batch so that you can freeze it in 1 ounce ice cube trays.
Then when you want to feed your baby just take out as many cubes as you need and put the rest back in the freezer. You can defrost over night in the fridge or on the counter top.
It’s best to feed your little one foods that are room temperature so you don’t have to heat up their food when traveling or out and about.
Want to learn more about feeding babies? My friend Amy at My Little Eater has a fantastic course created to help you maximize feeding success for babies and toddlers! You can learn more here and get 10% off using the code: MOMables10
Mango Madness Baby Food Recipe
- 2 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup of barley, cooked as directed
- 4 oz of firm tofu, steamed or sauteed
- After the barley is cooked place into a bowl with cubed mango and tofu.
- With your immersion blender, mix on high until the mixture is as smooth as you desire for your baby. If you need to make it smoother, add a bit of water a little at a time.
- Remember each baby is different and requires different consistencies so taste test the food before you place it in the ice cube trays.
- After the Mango Madness is frozen, take out of the ice cube trays and place in a labeled baggie with the name of food and the date frozen.