Ever wonder if you can freeze biscuits?
Biscuits don’t have to be just for breakfast. They are perfect for any meal and would work great in a lunch. Need lunch box ideas? We’ve got you covered.
Fresh-out-of-the-oven biscuits are the perfect way to start your morning! Some mornings, we all seem to wake up late and are rushing out the door! It’s usually weather-related, honestly. On those cold days, no one wants to get out of a warm bed. No one wants to get up to start making and baking homemade biscuits from scratch for breakfast—well not me anyway. So breakfast can become an undesired chore on those days.
However, one of our favorite breakfast meals is making breakfast biscuit sandwiches. We take our freshly baked biscuits, cut them in half, and make a sandwich with scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese. We also enjoy warmed biscuits with honey drizzled inside.
So on those days when we aren’t moving very quickly, I can just grab some out of the freezer and bake them easily! I love the fact that I don’t have to defrost them and can just bake them frozen. Just add 2 to 3 minutes to the baking time, and they come out perfect! I love having biscuits in my freezer because it gives me a healthy homemade breakfast option readily available!
Freeze Biscuits Step-by-Step
- Follow the recipe to make your dough, and shape them into biscuits.
- Place the unbaked biscuits on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the unbaked biscuits until fully frozen.
- Once they’re frozen, store the biscuits in a freezer bag or container.
- When you’re ready to bake them, take out the desired amount and bake as directed, adding 2 to 3 minutes to the cooking time.
Add 2 to 3 minutes to the baking time when you’re baking frozen biscuit dough.