This is a basic recipe in my grain-free kitchen. I hope it becomes yours too!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil (if cooking in a pan)
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves. If you find any little black spots, remove them with a paring knife.
- Cut the cauliflower in half (vertically) and then cut out the middle core. Discard the core.
- Cut the florets into 1-inch pieces, and place them inside the food processor.
- Pulse (do not turn it on and let it go) a few times until it begins to break down. Continue pulsing until you have a rice-like consistency throughout.
To cook in a pan:
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and your choice of seasonings, and sauté until it’s cooked and has softened.
To cook in the microwave:
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe (glass or porcelain) baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap (or if yours has a lid, use that), and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, carefully lift the lid or plastic wrap, and stir with a fork. Cover and microwave for an additional minute. Test for tenderness, and season to taste.
I like to freeze cauliflower rice in plastic freezer bags in 2-cup portions. I freeze prior to cooking. To use, I remove the cauliflower rice from the freezer, and sauté as normal. Note: After you freeze cauliflower, the moisture content is higher.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 50.4mg
- Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to rice cauliflower, how to cook cauliflower rice