Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Perfect, crispy oven baked chicken tenders – at home! This recipe yields a wonderful batch of tenders baked to perfection and breaded with Parmesan cheese!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20-23 min
- Total Time: 35-38 min
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 and 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup white flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Panko (or Gluten-Free Homemade Panko)
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for dipping
- Trim the fat from the tenders.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set out three medium bowls.
- In the first bowl combine the white flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.
- In the second bowl combine the whisked egg and minced garlic, stir.
- In the third bowl combine the basil, paprika, Panko, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Place the tenders in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the panko mixture making sure to evenly and thoroughly coat each piece.
- Place the tenders on the sheet pan leaving enough room between each tender to ensure even cooking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes before flipping the tenders and cooking for another 5 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
- Remove and serve with marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 tenders
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Sodium: 595.6mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 47.5mg
Keywords: chicken tenders, baked chicken tenders, chicken strips