August 19, 2014
Did you know that quiche can actually be a quick and delicious breakfast?
I love quiche, and I often crave quiche, but I don’t always get quiche. Usually, I just don’t have the time to throw one together and wait an hour for it to bake. I don’t always think that far ahead! But with this quick, easy, healthy, AND delicious recipe, I can now have my quiche and eat it, too. WHEN I want it! How’s that for instant gratification?
Make it as-is (perfect and simple) or feel free to change it up a bit with your own style, like a slice of crumbled bacon or half of a chopped sausage link instead of ham, or adding a tablespoon of diced veggies such as onions, green peppers, or mushrooms. Doesn’t that sound just heavenly?
Mug Quiche is just the perfect thing when you crave a nice warm, healthy breakfast but just don’t have the time. It’s great for kids and adults, breakfast or lunch, and sure, why not, even a light dinner, too!
Do you often feel like there isn’t enough time for preparing healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners no matter how hard you try? Well, you’re in luck because MOMables has this covered! Our meal plan has lots of ideas to help you be a meal planning rock star throughout the week!
Be sure to check out these other great breakfast recipes from MOMables:
- Easy Breakfast Hot Pockets
- Easy-Peasy Frittata Recipe
- Mini Tortilla Breakfast Cups
- Breakfast Quesadillas
And these yummy Mrs. Villanova’s Breakfast Burritos, too!
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 slice whole grain bread, torn or cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- ½ slice ham, diced
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Using a fork, beat the egg and milk together in a mug. Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir the bread cubes into the egg/milk mixture.
- Add the shredded cheese and diced ham, and mix well.
- Microwave on high for about 1 ½ minutes or until done.