Super moist lemon poppy seed muffins with zucchini are healthier than the coffee shops and just as tasty!
You guys, I’ve finally figured out how to limit myself to one muffin! Key: make them jumbo-size! And I don’t know of a better way to wake up than with a JUMBO Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins!
Since these are labeled as breakfast muffins, we swapped regular flour with oat flour and the oil with yogurt, making these muffins gluten-free and guilt-free! Of course, these shouldn’t be served for breakfast ONLY, they’re also pretty awesome in the afternoon with a cup of coffee.
Recipes like this are what our Classic Meal Plans are made of. We like to recreate the classics into healthier and more simple meals that you’re family will enjoy anytime.
Zucchini in muffins?
Zucchini in muffins is 100% perfection. The zucchini adds nutrition and moisture without tasting like vegetables, only a moist lemon poppy seed muffin. Who can argue with that?
Don’t scrimp on the lemon zest because it makes these jumbo muffins smell and taste incredible. It’s almost like dessert for breakfast and you can substitute the sugar with honey, agave, maple syrup or stevia.
Can I freeze these?
What if I don’t have a jumbo Muffin tin?
All you need is a regular muffin tin and you’re good to go! Just keep an eye out because they’ll bake faster than the jumbo size. If you want to experiment with these big muffin size, you can grab your own jumbo muffin tin here.
I always love how big these are because my kids can each grab one big muffin on the way out the door in the morning and they’ll have a filling breakfast in the car!
Who’s ready to bake?!
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Muffins
Super moist lemon poppy seed muffins with zucchini are healthier than the coffee shops & just as tasty! These muffins are perfect for a breakfast or afternoon pick me up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 – 22 minutes
- Total Time: 35 – 37 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3 cups oat flour
- ½ – ⅔ cup sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups whole milk yogurt or low-fat yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced, optional
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- Decorating sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the zucchini. Place the shreds into a clean kitchen cloth or paper towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Separately, whisk together yogurt, coconut oil, lemon zest, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet until just combined—don’t overmix!
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Transfer to a jumbo muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. (I use 2 scoops of a regular-sized ice cream scoop or about ½ cup)—fill the muffins almost to the top, but not all the way!)
- Bake 5 mins at 400F, and then lower to 350F and bake 20-22 minutes. They are done when tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before popping them out of the tin and enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 220.4mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 38.7mg
Keywords: moist lemon poppy seed muffins