Introducing a delicious no-bake lasagna recipe that even the busiest parent can make in the middle of the week!
If you can boil water and cook noodles… you can make this no-bake lasagna recipe-no matter how hectic dinner time might be.
Say it’s 5:45 p.m. and everyone is ready for dinner, and just as you take the frozen pan of lasagna from the freezer you realize that it’s going to take more than 1 hour to bake in the oven! And everyone wants lasagna…
Well, that’s why you need THIS recipe, it’s the perfect dinner idea for busy nights.
This easy lasagna recipe tastes JUST LIKE traditional lasagna baked in the oven, without much work!
No-bake lasagna is made with all the classic lasagna ingredients such as:
- Lasagna noodles: broken in half
- Spinach: for a little veggie-action in this easy lasagna.
- Ricotta cheese: easy to spread onto the noodles.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: adds a delicious sharp flavor.
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, or Italian seasoning.
- Marinara sauce: use jarred sauce or homemade tomato sauce.
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese: to go over the top.
Don’t have lasagna noodles around? I’ve got you covered with this Quick & Easy Skillet Lasagna that comes together with your favorite pasta on a pan.
For more family favorite recipes like this one, as well as, Spaghetti Carbonara and Chicken Broccoli Alfredo check out our Family Dinner Meal Plans. These recipes are recreated with fresh ingredients and simplified so you can enjoy an incredible meal in a matter of minutes!
How to Cook Lasagna Without an Oven
You deconstruct it! This recipe keeps all the classic lasagna flavors but deconstructs them, so it’s easier to make.
Instead of layering and baking the noodles in the oven, you layer them directly on the plate, topping them with sauce, cheese, and other delicious things like spinach or meat, and boom! You’re done.
Seems too easy? Let’s break it down step-by-step.
- Prepare the ingredients
Break the lasagna noodles in half and cook them according to the package directions. In a medium saucepan, warm the marinara sauce.
- Cheese and more cheese
Combine the chopped spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, and spices in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and warm the mixture in the microwave for a minute or until softened.
- Time to assemble
Grab a bowl or plate and add a layer of sauce, a noodle, and a dollop of ricotta mixture. Top with another noodle, more sauce, and a sprinkle of Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
Seriously, it’s so easy to make this quick lasagna recipe!
What to do With Leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can repurpose them into a warm thermos lunch the next day! All the ingredients can be refrigerated in separate air-tight containers for up to 3 days.
My kids love these leftovers in their favorite thermos container the next day! Yes, it’s that good!
No Bake Lasagna Recipe
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 3 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small, saucepot, over medium-low heat, warm the marinara.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano or Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and warm in the microwave for about 1 minute or until the cheese softens and spinach is slightly wilted.
- To assemble, ladle ¼ cup marinara onto a plate or in a bowl, top with a lasagna noodle, then with the spinach and ricotta mixture. Top with another noodle, more sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and additional Parmesan cheese.