April 3, 2018
Is it possible that muffins can be both delicious and healthy? These Banana Oatmeal Muffins prove it! Check out how easy they are to make in this video.
Breakfast is a very important meal of the day because it often sets the tone for how you’ll feel and how you’ll perform.
This means that breakfast should:
- Have good-for-you ingredients that give you that perfect energy boost for the day.
- Keep you full until lunch.
- It needs to taste amazing! Almost as good as the sugary cereals but healthier.
And you know what? These banana oat muffins check all the boxes plus, they are portable. Because we are all busy and could use more healthy and portable breakfast ideas to-go.
How to Make Banana Muffins Healthier
Unlike most muffins, these banana oat muffins with yogurt are light and moist without using butter or oil in the recipe.
Crazy but it works!
Did I mention these muffins are also naturally gluten-free? Instead of all-purpose flour, we use regular old-fashioned oats.
Of course, if you have Celiac you’re already checking that they are made in a gluten-free facility.
How to Make Banana Oat Muffins
These oatmeal muffins are filling, delicious and SO easy to make!
Oh, and you can put away the mixer and mixing bowls. Nope, you won’t need them!
These banana oat muffins are made in the blender, so all you have to do is toss in the ingredients, blend, pour, and bake! I know, that’s my favorite part too.
Here’s how it’s done.
- Preheat oven to 400 and prep your muffin pan
- Place all ingredients (oats, banana, yogurt, eggs, honey, baking powder and baking soda) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the batter in the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes
So easy, right?
And the yummy breakfast ideas don’t stop there.
The oats give a hearty feel to any breakfast.
What I love about using oats for breakfast, besides the nutritious properties, is that they are an inexpensive meal starter.
If you are looking to reduce your food spending and make affordable fresh meals for your family, check out our meal plans to help you plan ahead and make delicious food for your family every day of the week.
Can You Freeze Banana Oatmeal Muffins?
In short, YES! Since these come together so quickly, it’s easy to double the batch and freeze the unbaked muffins for later.
These banana oat muffins can be frozen before baking and after being baked. This way, on extra-busy mornings all you have to do is remove them from the freezer and bake or simply heat them up. They hold up wonderfully.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey, or sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a muffin pan with waxed paper or foil liners or, grease it so the muffins don’t stick.
- Inside a blender, place banana, oats, yogurt, eggs, honey, baking powder, and baking soda. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.