March 17, 2016
This Peach bread is a moist, delicious treat you’ll have a hard time keeping around.
Making snacks and treats for the week can be as simple as prepping a batch of no-bake bites, veggies with hummus, or baking a loaf of this super moist Peach Bread.
Homemade Peach Bread
Not only is it a delicious treat you can enjoy for a snack, but it’s an easy way to use up any frozen or ripened summer peaches you have on hand. Thanks to the plain yogurt and coconut oil it’s also super moist and stays that way for days- if it lasts that long!
And just like banana bread, you can make this recipe with basic pantry staples like flour, sugar, and vanilla.
Compared to store-bought snacks recipes like this are always more wholesome and made healthier with real-food ingredients. Want more incredible and better-for-you snacks ideas? Check out The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Peach Bread Ingredients
It doesn’t take much to make a loaf (or two!) of this peach bread. As stated above you can use fresh or frozen peaches, but if you plan on using frozen be sure to defrost them before folding them into the batter.
Here’s what you need:
- Peaches: fresh or frozen. If using frozen, thaw them first.
- Flour: adds structure. Use regular or your favorite 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Baking powder: raises the batter and gives this bread a fluffy texture.
- Salt: enhances all the flavors.
- Plain yogurt: for a super moist texture.
- Sugar: adds sweetness.
- Eggs: help to bind all the ingredients.
- Orange zest: optional for extra flavor.
- Vanilla extract: a classic taste when baking!
- Coconut oil: melted butter also works.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Make Peach Bread
Grab your mixing bowls and whisks so we can make this delicious quick bread.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, dust with flour, and tap out excess.
Not talking about the house! In a small bowl, mix diced peaches with 1 tablespoon of flour. Toss them around until they are all evenly coated with flour.
- Combine Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients
In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, mix yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla, and coconut oil until combined.
- Add them Together
Working in batches, add the flour mix to the wet, making sure to stir until just combined after each addition.
- Pour and Bake
Add the batter into the pan and bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool off and Grab a Slice
Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before removing from pan. Pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea, grab a slice and enjoy!
Which Peaches Are Best?
You can use either fresh peaches or that frozen stash in your freezer to make this homemade bread. Frozen peaches will need to be thawed before adding to the recipe, but there is no real difference in flavor or texture when baked into the batter. Now you know what to make with the abundance of summer peaches you picked up from the local market.
More Breakfast Breads
Any of these homemade quick bread and snack cake recipes are ideal for packing into a lunch box, a dessert, or an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. Which one will you make first?
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Blueberry Breakfast Bread
- Blueberry Snack Cake
- Carrot Zucchini Cake
Easy Peach Bread
- 1 ½ cups peaches, diced fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ cups + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest from 1 large orange, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan, dust with flour, and tap out excess. Alternatively, you can line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix diced peaches with 1 tablespoon of flour. Using your hands, toss them around until they are all evenly coated with flour. This helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan when baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, mix yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla, and coconut oil on low speed until all items are thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the wet, making sure there are no clumps but careful that you don’t over mix. Gently fold flour-coated peaches into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before removing from pan.