Blend up one of these peanut butter cup smoothie bowls for a healthy breakfast that tastes like dessert. It’s creamy, sweet, and a dream come true for peanut butter and chocolate lovers!
Is there a combination more delicious than peanut butter and chocolate? I think not, and this smoothie recipe lets us enjoy those same flavors, guilt-free, with a delicious smoothie bowl.
What’s the big difference between a normal smoothie and a smoothie bowl? The texture. Smoothie bowls are super thick– almost like soft-serve ice cream, which makes this recipe a 5 star!
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
Between the thick texture and the chocolate peanut buttery deliciousness, this smoothie bowl will have you thinking you are enjoying dessert for breakfast. It’s made with no added sugars or dairy, making it a healthy and super filling way to fuel for the day.
You can even whip it up in the blender with frozen bananas and top with crumbled chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chips for a quick treat. There’s no wrong way to enjoy it.
It’s a great recipe for picky eaters and chocked full of healthy fats, protein, and vitamins. Let the kids top their smoothies with sliced bananas, chocolate chips, and chia seeds for an extra boost of nutrition.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowls
Smoothie bowls couldn’t be any easier to make. All you have to do is throw your ingredients in a blender, blend, and pour into a bowl.
Here’s everything you need to make this delicious, frozen treat happen:
- Milk: the liquid base for the smoothie. I use sweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk, but any other works.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: for a super chocolatey smoothie!
- Frozen banana: a nutritious and natural sweetener.
- Peanut butter: the heart of this recipe!
- Toppings of your choice: sliced bananas, chocolate chips, a drizzle of peanut butter, chia seeds; the possibilities are endless!
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
Making this healthy peanut butter smoothie bowl is as easy as combining all the ingredients and blending!
Check it out yourself:
- Combine & Blend
In a blender, combine milk, cocoa powder, banana, peanut butter, and ice. Secure the lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!
Pour into a bowl or bowls and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.
You could even turn these into DIY smoothie freezer packs and prep them ahead of time, so you can whip them up on-demand or whenever you need a quick meal that makes itself.
Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
- ¼ cup sweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces, if necessary
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 ice cubes
- Suggested Toppings: unsweetened cocoa powder, sliced banana, mini chocolate chips, and chia seeds
- In blender, combine almond milk, cocoa powder, banana, peanut butter and ice. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl or bowls and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.