Looking for an easy pumpkin chili recipe? Look no further. This recipe is easy to make and is a filling meal with a hint of our favorite Fall flavor.
Oh, Chili. How I love a nice big bowl of your hearty flavors, and to think you just got better by adding some of my favorite fall ingredient: pumpkin!
Pumpkin Chili Ingredients
I love this recipe because whether you use homemade pumpkin puree or canned, the thickness and taste are delicious. You can use beef or turkey for this recipe, or make it completely vegetarian by omitting the meat and adding two extra cans of beans.
The classic version of this recipe is made using the following tasty ingredients. It’s also gluten-free and dairy-free:
- Ground turkey or beef
- Tomato sauce
- Pumpkin (fresh or puree)
- Chili Powder
The ingredients are simple, but the flavor is out of this world! Cooked to perfection in just one pot, this is going to be a recipe you’ll be making on repeat, I already know!
Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Chili
Believe it or not, I introduced this recipe on a whim, not knowing if my family would actually eat it. I thought, worst-case scenario, I’m stuck with a lot of delicious chili for lunch myself. Either way, it was a win-win, right?
Well, every member of my family ate it! And that is a miracle in itself! If you struggle with adding variety to your family’s meals, you know what I’m talking about.
More Epic Chili Recipes
Pumpkin Chili isn’t the only one I have up my sleeve. Over the past few years, I’ve discovered a few more ways my family will eat chili. It’s a family -favorite now, and I’ll even send it in lunchboxes the next day, tucked safe and warm in a thermos!
Here are our favorite chili recipes:
- Paleo Chili – This all meat and veggie chili is a long time family favorite, and after it went completely viral on the internet a few years ago, it became a favorite for lot of other families too!
- Slow Cooker Paleo Chili – The same tasty recipe as above, but with instructions to make it in the Crockpot
- Easy Chili Mac – Made in the Instant Pot this is the quickest chili recipe ever! And kids love the cheesy pasta that its is served with. So. Good.
- Chicken and Veggie Chili – This recipe is also paleo friendly and it’s totally kid approved too! This chili is a little bit brothier than the others versions listed above. Served with lime wedges and avocado chunks this chili is warm hearty and delicious!
Have you tried pumpkin chili before? How did your family like it?
Easy Pumpkin Chili
Rich, hearty and all the flavors of Fall your family loves, this Pumpkin Chili recipe is one everyone is sure to request again and again.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or grated)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 15 ounces fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to look translucent.
- Add in the turkey, garlic, and seasonings. Brown the meat with the seasonings and onion for about 7 minutes, making sure all of the meat is cooked through and broken up into smaller pieces.
- Add the tomato sauce and pumpkin puree to the pot, and let it simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let it sit for about 5 minutes while you set the table or get your plates ready, and serve.
You can use beef or turkey for this recipe or make it completely vegetarian by omitting the meat and adding two 15ounce cans of beans, drained and rinsed.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 559.3mg
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 26.4g
- Cholesterol: 78.2mg