Do you ever stop your kids from licking the spoon when you make cookies?
You know… with the whole raw egg and salmonella thing. I know I do.
One of the best parts of making cookies is tasting the dough, right? These Raw Cookie Dough Bites from The Nourishing Home are an easy way to do just that, without the worry of raw eggs or heating up the oven.
With wholesome ingredients like coconut flour, ground flax and nut butters you can feel good about making these for an after school snack or as a sweet addition to your kids’ lunch boxes.
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
- ½ cup creamy raw almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips or carob chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
- To the mixture, add the coconut flour, ground flax seed, and sea salt. With a wooden spoon, mix to combine.
- If the dough is too wet, add a bit more coconut flour. If it’s too dry and doesn’t hold together well, knead in one teaspoon of water.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, form 16-18 one-inch balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
So easy and delicious. One-bowl-goodness right here.