This Skillet Chicken and Potatoes Meal will be your new go-to dinner! All you have to do is roast everything together, then dinner is ready. It doesn’t get easier than that!
Every family needs a handful of recipes that are always in their meal rotation, the dinners that are easy to make, nutritious, and sure to please everyone! This easy Baked Chicken and Potatoes Skillet Meal is one of those dinners for my family. I can prep it in just a few minutes, and I usually have everything to make it on hand. Set the timer and let the skillet do the work!
Easy skillet meals are my favorite dinners to make because you just add everything to a pan and cook. Less dishes to clean up and a fast dinner? Yes, please!
If you’re in need of some dinner recipes to add to your rotation, grab a free sample of my Family KickStart Program. It’s full of simple, real food that the whole family will love, meal plans to help you make it happen and even shopping lists and ingredient swap ideas.
My family loves chicken and potatoes together, and I love feeding them this dinner because I know it’s real, nutritious food. It’s great paired with a vegetable on the side, like sautéed broccoli or carrots. No matter what, you’ll definitely want to add this Baked Chicken and Potatoes Skillet Meal to your dinner rotation. Your whole family will thank you! If you are saving this recipe for later in the week you can try one of these yummy dinner ideas for tonight first!
Baked Chicken and Potatoes Skillet Meal
Crispy on the outside and perfectly juicy on the inside, this is one meal you’ll want to make often.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dinner
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter, quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or corn starch
- 1 2/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and generously with paprika. In a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm butter. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add onion to the frying pan and stir. Add potato quarters and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add starch and stir to coat. Gradually mix in the broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, stirring and turning the chicken over occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Mix in the thyme. Adjust seasonings to taste. Divide the chicken and vegetables among 4 warmed plates and serve right away.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 15.5g
- Sodium: 1188.7mg
- Fat: 18.9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 49.5g
- Fiber: 10.4g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Cholesterol: 86.2mg