February 16, 2017
Everything you need to make an incredible Mexican dinner for the family in one place! These Steak Tacos will feed a crowd and they taste amazing (even the next day!)
There are few things I love as much as tacos and coffee, chocolate, and sushi are on the top of my list. So when my friend Liz Della Croce of The Lemon Bowl shared her new ebook with me, Food From Our Ancestors: The Ultimate Mexican Sunday Dinner, I dived right in to see what I could cook, and there were these delicious tacos!
What I love about her ebook is that from start to finish, Liz shares every recipe that one would want to make to have everyone over for a Mexican family dinner. However, what’s great is that you can also pick and choose from the recipes and make them any day of the week.
The ebook includes recipes for Enchiladas Verdes, Posole Rojo, Mexican Rice, Salsa Roja and more! Her authentic Mexican recipes have been passed down over generations and she has simplified each recipe for any busy family to make.
Today I’m sharing a recipe from her ebook, the Steak Tacos, with you so you can sample a taste of authentic Mexican food at home. They are the perfect addition to taco night, and if you’re lucky, there might be just enough for a delicious taco salad for lunch the next day!
What is your favorite Mexican cuisine?
Steak Tacos and the Ultimate Mexican Sunday Dinner
- 3 pounds of diesmillo steak, cut into thin cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 5 medium white onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 32 corn tortillas
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- Green or red salsa
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken bouillon, steak and salt. Cook until browned, stirring occasionally, until the liquid evaporates, approximately one hour.
- Saute the onions in soy sauce. Serve tortillas with meat and add cilantro, red or green salsa, and onion to your liking.