Looking for some breakfast inspiration? Trying to get your kids out of a bowl of cereal rut and out the door?
Mornings can be a busy time of the day. As moms, we want to send our kids into the day with bellies full of good food to power their bodies and brains through the morning, but breakfast can often be an obstacle to getting out the door. These french toast roll ups can be prepped ahead of time, and frozen. When you are ready to use, pull out the roll ups, dip them in egg wash and cook in a skillet. Finish them off with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and you’ll have a warm breakfast to go that your kids will love!
Strawberry French Toast Roll Ups
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, for cooking
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- On a flat surface, flatten sandwich bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread 1 ½ teaspoons of cream cheese onto each slice of bread.
- Place 1 tablespoon of diced strawberries along the edge of each piece of bread.
- Carefully, roll up bread tightly.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture and place 3-4 of them in a butter greased skillet, over medium heat, seam down.
- Cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and flip.
- Cook other side for an additional 1-2 minutes and remove from pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- As french toast rolls come out of the pan, lightly dust with cinnamon, sugar and serve.