September 6, 2016
Swap the bread for vegetables in this Sweet Potato Toast Lunchbox Sandwich! Topped with banana & peanut butter, it’s a healthy, gluten-free lunch for kids.
Have you heard of sweet potato toast yet?? It is an idea that has taken the internet by storm.
For those who are gluten- or grain-free, this is such an amazing replacement for bread in lunchbox sandwiches! Even if you eat bread, it can be a great way to get your kids to eat more healthy sweet potatoes.
The constant search for new and delicious gluten and grain-free recipes can be very time-consuming, not to mention putting together a weekly shopping list and figuring out what to prep to save time. For a done-for-you solution, check out the MOMables Grain-Free Meal Plan.
And if you need more delicious lunch ideas to switch up the usual sandwich, check out the recipes in the 101 Packed Lunches eBook. It’s filled with all sorts of ideas that are grain and gluten-free.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
So how exactly do you make sweet potato toast? Simply cut your potato into ¼-inch slices and pop them in the toaster a couple of times. It’s that easy! Then you can get creative with your toppings – we went with banana & peanut butter, but you can also do egg salad or avocado or even chocolate spread for a sweet treat!
Let us know if you try this sweet potato toast lunchbox sandwich. We’d love to see your creations on Instagram, so tag us @momables!
5 Sweet Potato Toast Lunches
Peanut Butter Banana Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- Cut the ends off of the sweet potato. Slice it lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices so that you have 4 slices.
- Place slices into a toaster. Toast on high for 2-3 times until the outsides are lightly browned and the inside is cooked through. Repeat with the other two slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon onto each slice. Top with banana slices; close to form two sandwiches.