Swap the bread for vegetables in this Sweet Potato Toast Lunchbox Sandwich! Topped with banana & peanut butter, it’s a healthy, gluten-free lunch for kids.
Have you heard of sweet potato toast yet?? It is an idea that has taken the internet by storm.
For those who are gluten- or grain-free, this is such an amazing replacement for bread in lunchbox sandwiches! Even if you eat bread, it can be a great way to get your kids to eat more healthy sweet potatoes.
The constant search for new and delicious gluten and grain-free recipes can be very time consuming, not to mention putting together a weekly shopping list and figuring out what to prep to save time. For a done-for-you solution, check out the MOMables Grain-Free Meal Plan.
So how exactly do you make sweet potato toast? Simply cut your potato into ¼-inch slices and pop them in the toaster a couple times. It’s that easy! Then you can get creative with your toppings – we went with banana & peanut butter, but you can also do egg salad or avocado or even chocolate spread for a sweet treat!
Let us know if you try this sweet potato toast lunchbox sandwich. We’d love to see your creations on Instagram, so tag us @momables!
Peanut Butter Banana Sweet Potato Toasts | 5 Sweet Potato Toast Lunches
Tasty and delicious sweet potato toast and sandwich ideas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 – 6 toasts 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Toaster
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- Cut the ends off of the sweet potato. Slice it lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices so that you have 4 slices.
- Place slices into a toaster. Toast on high for 2-3 times until the outsides are lightly browned and the inside is cooked through. Repeat with the other two slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon onto each slice. Top with banana slices; close to form two sandwiches.
These are packed inside an EasyLunchbox container.
- Serving Size: 2-3 slices
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Sodium: 86.9mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg