Call it a “cupcake,” and kids will eat it. Taco night has never looked this good! Right?
If you’re looking for a creative way to present tacos to your kids, these taco cupcakes are the perfect size for kids and adults to enjoy!
I’m always looking for simple ways to add more nutrition to our favorite meals. Here, the addition of beans and corn add more fiber and protein to our tacos. My daughter doesn’t always like to eat tacos. But Taco Cupcakes? Yes, Please! Their shape make them easy and fun to eat! They even work great for a party appetizer.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons or more [taco seasoning|https://www.momables.com/make-your-own-taco-seasoning]
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 package won ton wrappers, you can find them in the produce section
- 1 ½-2 cups shredded cheese
- Desired toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet.
- Add the beans, corn, taco seasoning, and water.
- Mix the taco meat mixture, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- While your meat is cooking, spray your cupcake pan with nonstick spray.
- Gently push one won ton wrapper into each cupcake cup.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of taco meat mixture into each won ton wrapper.
- Sprinkle cheese over each cup.
- Make a second layer of won ton wrappers. Gently push the won ton wrapper in the opposite direction, and repeat with 1 tablespoon of taco meat mixture and shredded cheese.
- Bake the cupcakes for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Leave the cupcakes in the pan to let them cool before you remove them.
- Add your favorite taco toppings, and serve!