Full of juicy berries, this Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt is the perfect nutritious breakfast to start you and your kids’ day! It’s fruity, creamy, and packed with nutrition.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the fresh berries available. Especially here in Louisiana, where locally grown strawberries are ruby red and juicier than any fruit you’ll ever try. It makes me even more thankful to live in a place with such tasty food!
Since summer is basically just a time for me to figure out how to eat the most amount of berries I possibly can, I have to get creative with recipes. My favorite? Smoothies! I love freezing fresh berries and throwing them in the blender for creamy, refreshing smoothies.
Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt
This Triple Berry Smoothie is one of our favorites right now! Berries are a great source of antioxidants, so we have three types of berries in here for the nutrition punch. And the tastiness.
Watch how to make this yogurt smoothie in the recipe video below.
Greek yogurt adds protein and creaminess, and you can even add a handful of spinach for extra nutrients, just like my pineapple spinach smoothie. Both recipes will help you get healthier food into your family’s diet, even if you have picky eaters!
Yogurt Berry Smoothie Ingredients
One thing I love about smoothies is that you can easily mix and match ingredients based on what you have on hand. However, they can start to all taste the same if you stick to the same old ingredients. This Berry Yogurt Smoothie is made with no orange juice which gives it a fresh flavor that kids will love, even if they’ve already have a couple of smoothies this week.
Here’s what you need for this Triple Berry Smoothie with Yogurt
- Frozen berries – Pick your favorite blend of flavors. Mine is strawberry, raspberry, bluebbery!
- Milk or water – This yogurt smoothie does need a little bit of extra liquid, but if you’re going for a dairy-free berry smoothie you can easily sub the milk out and use water because you’ll still have the creaminess of the Greek yogurt as your smoothie base.
- Greek yogurt – This smoothie add-in is high in protein and provides the perfect creamy texture to your berry smoothie.
- Banana – I always keep mine frozen so they stay good long enough for smoothies, but any banana will add just the right amount of flavor balance to this recipe.
- Spinach – While this ingredient is optional, it’s a great way to skyrocket the nutritional value of this berry yogurt smoothie.
Tips for the Best Berry Yogurt Smoothie
Got your ingredients? Perfect, now here are a couple tips to help make sure you end up with the best smoothie ever.
- Liquid first – For best blending results, always pour your liquid ingredients in the blender first, before adding the rest of your smoothie mix-ins.
- Reducing your liquids – Using yogurt in your smoothie means that you should hold back a little bit on the other liquids so that you still get a rich, thick, sip-able smoothie. For this reason, be sure to grab a smoothie recipe that already includes yogurt or be ready to adjust accordingly if you’re adding yogurt to a smoothie that doesn’t have yogurt already on the ingredients list.
- Use frozen fruit – Another way to be sure your smoothies are thick and delicious is to use frozen fruit. And I’m not just talking about the berries! I always keep a banana or two in my freezer specifically for smoothie recipes. You can avoid adding ice by using frozen fruit too.
- Sneak in those veggies – Smoothies are a great opportunity to add some good greens in yours and your family’s day. Even if your child turns their noses up at a leafy salad, I’ve yet to see a kid say no to a creamy berry smoothie!
I’m always on a mission to find healthy ways of serving foods that my family will love, which is how I ended up building an entire program that helps families eat better together. In my Family KickStart Program, you’ll learn how to eliminate processed foods as a family without fussing and fighting. The program is full of delicious recipes for every meal, meal plans, shopping lists and everything else your family will need to succeed.
If you’ve had trouble sticking with programs that have you eating differently for 30 or 21 days, this is the answer you’ve been looking for. It’s so much easier to stay on track when the whole family is on board and excited about what you are doing. I included recipes like healthy pancakes and other treats kids love, so you can eliminating whining at the table, and cook one meal for everyone (even your picky eaters).
Grab a free sample of the Family KickStart Program here and start eliminating processed foods with your family on your team.
You and your kids will love this refreshing Triple Berry Smoothie for breakfast or a snack on warm summer days or even packed in their lunchbox during the school year!Print