This vanilla bean frozen yogurt recipe is delicious without the added store bought junk.
My three boys are spending their summer running around the house, playing in the back yard and taking small trips to our local farm. It’s so hot, that we’ve been looking to cool off any way we can. For the most part this has meant drinking lots of water, eating popsicles and making frozen yogurt.
A little over a year ago, I was gifted with an ice cream maker. At the time, I wasn’t sure it would get used very often, but I was wrong. It has been one of the most used appliances in my cupboards this summer. Making frozen treats, doesn’t have to be a time consuming production that has you searching for fancy ingredients.
Making a healthy, high protein treat can be simple and easy to include your children in the process. This recipe, has 3 wholesome ingredients. I use real maple syrup when making this yogurt. Yes, it costs a bit more, but trust me, the flavor is so much better.
Those sugary frozen yogurt pints at the store? You won’t buy them again, I promise.
Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt
yields 1 quart
- Cuisine: Treats
- 2 cups whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste. Stir until mixed well.
- Pour into freezer bowl of ice cream maker. Churn for 25-30 minutes (or according to your machines instructions) until yogurt is consistency of thick, soft serve yogurt.
- Serve immediately, top with fresh fruit if desired.