July 23, 2012
Easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients this recipe will become your go-to for vanilla frozen yogurt!
My three boys are spending their summer running around the house, playing in the back yard and taking small trips to our local farm. It’s so hot, that we’ve been looking to cool off any way we can. For the most part this has meant drinking lots of water, eating popsicles and making frozen yogurt.
A little over a year ago, I was gifted with an ice cream maker. At the time, I wasn’t sure it would get used very often, but I was wrong. It has been one of the most used appliances in my cupboards this summer. Making frozen treats, doesn’t have to be a time consuming production that has you searching for fancy ingredients.
Making a healthy, high-protein treat can be simple and easy to include your children in the process. This recipe, has 3 wholesome ingredients. I use real maple syrup when making this yogurt. Yes, it costs a bit more, but trust me, the flavor is so much better.
Those sugary frozen yogurt pints at the store? You won’t buy them again, I promise.
Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, whole milk or your favorite
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 bean scraped
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, maple syrup or honey and vanilla. Stir until mixed well.
- Pour into freezer bowl of ice cream maker. Churn for 25-30 minutes (or according to your machines instructions) until yogurt is consistency of thick, soft serve yogurt.
- Serve immediately, top with fresh fruit if desired.