This white chocolate popcorn is the perfect mix of sweet and salty. Creamy white chocolate drizzled over buttery homemade popcorn – add the festive sprinkles on top and you have the perfect holiday snack or treat!
When you need a sweet treat but simply don’t have the time to bake, this recipe for a sweet & salty popcorn treat comes to the rescue. Pair it with hot chocolate or white hot chocolate and you have the ultimate holiday pairing.
As much as I love the baking of cookies, candies and other holiday treats and snacks, sometimes it’s nice to have a simple recipe up your sleeve when you need something in a pinch.
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn
Looking for a special holiday treat that can be ready in minutes?
It might sound too good to be true, but it’s not! See how easy it is to prepare this popcorn, step-by-step!
- Prepare the popcorn
In the printable recipe below the popcorn is made using the traditional stovetop method. You can also make homemade microwave popcorn if you are pressed for time and want your chocolate popcorn ASAP!
- Spread on parchment paper
When popcorn is finished cooking, spread it out in a single layer over parchment paper to cool.
- Melt the chocolate
While your popcorn is cooling, melt a bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Top the Popcorn
Use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate all over the popcorn. Immediately top with festive sprinkles so they’ll stick to the chocolate as it hardens.
- Finishing Touches
Allow the chocolate to harden, which should take about an hour. Then, you can break it apart into pieces to enjoy. Or store them in an airtight container for later.
Watch this quick video short to see it all come together!
Best Toppings for White Chocolate Popcorn
While the white chocolate is delicious all on its own, we always like to make our Christmas white chocolate popcorn a bit more festive. Here are some ideas!
- Red & Green Sprinkles
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Mini Candies
You really can’t go wrong with this recipe, whichever way you decide to top it!
When you’re done, bag this treat up as a gift for teachers or surprise your kids with a fun, festive lunch box dessert. This also goes great with a nice mug of White Hot Chocolate!
White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
This recipe is the perfect mix of sweet and salty. Plus, it has just a little extra touch of festive color, making it a fun Christmas treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour + 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 cups 1x
- Cuisine: Treats
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup popcorn kernels (yields 16 cups popcorn) OR
- 2 bags buttery popcorn, microwaved
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt 1-2 tablespoons butter. Once butter is melted, pour in popcorn kernels. Cover with lid. As popcorn begins to pop, give the pot a shake every now and then to toss kernels and prevent burning.
- When popping slows, remove from heat and spread popcorn in a single layer on parchment paper. *If using microwave popcorn, skip this step*
- While popcorn cools, melt a bag of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at 30-second increments until completely melted.
- Using a fork, drizzle melted white chocolate over popped corn. Immediately follow by sprinkling the green and red sprinkles over the top.
- Let it cool down for an hour for the chocolate to harden. Break up and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 19.5mg
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 6.4mg