Need a fun treat for your kid’s lunch box? These witches’ hat cookies are easy to make, and your kids will love them!
Halloween is here! Witches and pumpkins will soon litter houses and yards, and our kids will be picking out their favorite costume for the one-night candy extravaganza!
What is so great about this recipe is that it is just so simple in the grand scheme of things. No more cookie cutouts, and no more baking hurdles to leap. It’s simple, no-bake assembly!
And you know I’m into simple things. I mean, school lunches should not be complicated and neither should treats.
Once you’ve created your simple masterpiece, just present it to your children as a witches’ hat, and let their imaginations do the rest!
I know my daughter loves running around imagining herself as the kind witch of the west—no wickedness there! This is, of course, right before she takes a hearty bite out of it!
Make it a family night, and have your kids place the hershey kisses on top of the cookies. There is nothing better than getting your family involved in the kitchen, especially when making treats like these!
To make: I simply doubled up my thin mint cookie recipe.Print
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies
- Category: Treats
- Cuisine: American
- 12-ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30 round vanilla wafer cookies
- ¼ cup orange frosting
- 5-ounce bag chocolate kisses
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring frequently.
- Using a fork, dip individual cookies into the chocolate, coating both sides. Lay the cookies on parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
- Using additional melted chocolate or orange frosting, “glue” kisses to the top of each cookie. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cookies, chocolate cookies
So fun, and YUM!
Love these! Absolutely purrrfect for halloween! :)