Need to step outside the box just a bit? Check this out!
Mom and Dad get the satisfaction of knowing your kids are getting the healthy benefits of avocado in this dish. A superfood, avocados are packed full of essential amino acids and antioxidants. And avocado adds an additional layer of creaminess when you bite into the slices with Parmesan cheese.
Now, if your kids are anything like my own, they hear the word BACON, and they’re game for any meal I put on the table. Let’s face it, bacon makes all meals better. ;)
We make ours with gluten-free pasta to keep it safe for our dietary needs. You can also omit or sub the Parmesan cheese if it’s not suitable for your family.
Join us here at MOMables to get all of these amazing lunch ideas and more!
Avocado Bacon & Parmesan Pasta
- Yield: 4
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced crosswise
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water and the pot that was used to cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until almost crisp, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon and garlic to the pot that was used to cook the pasta, along with the avocados, parsley, lime zest, lime juice, Parmesan, and the reserved pasta water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and gently cook the pasta until all of the ingredients are warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and enjoy.