Want to swap out the usual fruit and veggies in your packed lunches for a more interesting side? Give this strawberry cheesecake lunchbox parfait a try!
You get the combination of fresh strawberries and creamy Greek yogurt filling, along with tips on assembling and packing so everything stays fresh.
Lunchbox Strawberry Parfait
Parfaits have that special knack of tasting like a dessert while being a healthy side you can pack in the lunch box. Even better, this parfait recipe can offer up to 20 grams of protein when made with Greek yogurt!
That said, the parfait mixture isn’t yogurt alone; almond butter is added to the mix to give it a thick, cheesecake-like consistency. And instead of a granola topping, we use crushed graham crackers- it’s a delicious combination!
Not sure how to pack a parfait or yogurt in a lunch bag?
What is in a Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
Now, let’s do a quick run-through of what you’ll need to make this cheesecake parfait:
- Greek yogurt: regular vanilla is perfect!
- Almond butter: a source of healthy fats and can be swapped for peanut butter.
- Maple syrup: optional, but sweetens the yogurt mixture.
- Strawberries: use fresh or frozen & thawed berries
- Graham crackers: to crumble and top over the parfait- like the graham cracker crust!
Love this idea? I knew you would, and if you’re looking for some incredible lunch recipes to go with it, you’ll find them here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Parfait with Lunch
In the following directions, I’ll show you how easy it is to pack a parfait in the lunchbox.
- Prep the thermos
To keep the yogurt chilled all day, start with an ice-cold thermos by placing it in the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before assembly.
Combine the parfait ingredients until smooth, and add the mixture to your thermos. Close and pack the container into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
- Don’t forget the topping
Place the crushed graham cracker into a mini sauce container. If you add it to the parfait too soon, the crumbs will get soggy.
Plan on including this lunch side with a grilled sandwich or thermos full of soup? Check out this video on how to properly pack cold and hot things in the same lunch bag:
Strawberry Cheesecake Lunchbox Parfait
- 6- ounce cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, optional
- 2 –3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 graham cracker sheet, crumbled
- Place your thermos container in the freezer 20 to 30 minutes before assembling.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the almond or peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Add the strawberries to the yogurt mixture and transfer it to the chilled thermos. Close the lid and seal.
- Place the graham cracker crumbles into a mini sauce container and pack it into the lunch bag with the parfait and an ice pack.