September 5, 2022
Can I interest you in a super cheesy and delicious lasagna thermos lunch?
You read that right, today I am sharing how to pack everyone’s favorite pasta recipe, so everything stays hot until lunchtime! Sounds good to you? Let’s get started.
Easiest Lasagna Ever
This no-bake lasagna is the easiest recipe partly because it’s made with simple ingredients but mostly because there’s no baking or a ton of layering involved.
Instead, you will assemble the cooked ingredients directly into your bowl (for dinner) or thermos (for lunch. It goes a little like this- sauce, lasagna noodles, cheese, more lasagna noodles, more sauce, and more cheese.
How easy is that, and you get all the classic lasagna flavors in a fraction of the time! Who doesn’t love the sound and taste of that?
Want more incredible ideas that are easy to pack and bring variety to the lunch bag? You’ll find them here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Lasagna for Lunch
Below, I’ve provided step-by-step directions on how to assemble this lasagna lunch with ingredients that have been cooked and refrigerated, just like you’d do if you made this recipe for dinner and stored the leftovers.
- Place the lasagna in a microwave-safe dish with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and reheat until HOT.
- Before assembling, preheat the thermos container (watch the video below).
- Transfer the lasagna into a thermos and pack it into a lunch bag with your choice of snacks. Make sure to add an ice pack to keep the other ingredients chilled.
Need a good thermos container for ideas like this? You can check out my favorite options in this post and watch the video below on how to safely preheat it for hot lunches.
Lasagna Thermos Lunch
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepot, over medium-low heat, warm the marinara.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano or Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and warm in the microwave for about 1 minute or until the cheese softens and spinach is slightly wilted.
- To assemble, ladle ¼ cup marinara into a thermos, top with a lasagna noodle, then with the spinach and ricotta mixture. Top with another noodle, more sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Close the thermos container and pack it into a lunch bag.