Would you believe that this chocolate coconut granola recipe tastes like Almond Joys? Of course, it’s a healthier breakfast option or yogurt topping!
One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is yogurt with granola. I’ll add spoonfuls of yummy granola to my nondairy yogurt, while popping bites into my mouth before stirring it all together. It’s full of fiber and deliciousness.
Starting your day with heart-healthy grains is a great way to fuel you and your family.
Tell your kids you have granola for breakfast, and they may just shrug their shoulders. But tell them you have chocolate granola for breakfast, and they will come running and screeching to the table!
A better option than typical cereals, serve it up in a bowl with fresh fruit and cold milk, or grab a few handfuls as a snack.
Store it in an airtight container, and keep it handy in your cupboards at home and/or at your desk at work.
Allergy-Friendly Tips: Use certified gluten-free oats and allergy-free chocolate chips to keep this recipe safe for your family. This is just one of the many ideas you can get by joining us here at MOMables!
Chocolate Coconut Granola
- Yield: Yields 7 Cups
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1 cup chopped nuts or shelled seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a large baking sheet with a little coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, flaxseeds, and nuts (if using).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and brown sugar until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat mixture in the large bowl, and stir until all the oats are coated.
- Distribute the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then stir, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven again, and allow the granola to cool completely in the pan without stirring.
- Once it’s cooled completely, add in the mini chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.