This chocolate coconut granola recipe is exactly what you’re craving: crunchy morsels of granola that are lightly sweet with chocolate tidbits!
This recipe is lower in sugar than the store-bought alternative, and it keeps up to 30 days in the pantry. What’s not to love?
Homemade Chocolate Granola with Coconut Flakes
With this chocolate granola recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy everything about gourmet granola without the added cost!
On the plus side, this recipe costs less than its store-bought version, and it has a lot less sugar per serving.
With the added coconut flakes, among other delicious add-ins, you’ll see below, you’ve got yourself the perfect topping for yogurt, makes a great gift, as well as a fun topping for yogurt in a lunchbox!
This homemade chocolate coconut granola is made with nutritious and tasty ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Here is what you need to make this amazing chocolate granola:
- Rolled oats: the base of the recipe, add a good dose of fiber and nutrients.
- Shredded coconut: a sweet, delicious flavor.
- Flaxseeds: are a great source of healthy fats and fiber. You can also add a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds for maximum nutrition.
- Nuts: chopped nuts or shelled seeds are optional but great for texture and extra nutrition.
- Cocoa powder: to make this granola chocolatey!
- Coconut oil: helps bind the ingredients while adding a touch of moisture.
- Vanilla extract: adds a delicious flavor!
- Maple syrup or honey: to give this granola a little sweetness and help bind the ingredients.
- Brown sugar: has a softer texture and a richer flavor than white sugar.
- Mini chocolate chips: it’s all about the chocolate, isn’t it?
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Granola
To make this chocolate coconut granola at home, you only need to mix ingredients and let the oven do the rest. It’s easy, healthy, and tasty, so let’s do it!
Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a large baking sheet with a little coconut oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, flaxseeds, and nuts (if using).
- Make the chocolate mixture
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and brown sugar until smooth.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the oat mixture in the large bowl, and stir until all the oats are coated.
- Bake the granola
Distribute the mixture evenly to the bottom of the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, checking often to ensure no burning.
- Stir and keep baking
Remove the granola from the oven, then stir, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven again, and allow the granola to cool down completely in the pan without stirring.
- The final touch
Once it’s cooled completely, add in the mini chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.
Check out the step-by-step process in this recipe video:
How to Store Chocolate Granola
The best way to store granola is inside an airtight container or zip bag, in the pantry, for up to 30 days.
When it comes to storage, granola does not like moisture, so it’s best to avoid refrigeration or being left in an open container.
How to Serve Chocolate Coconut Granola
This chocolate coconut granola is so good it can be enjoyed by itself or sprinkled over your favorite yogurt. It also pairs great with:Print