Not all grilled sandwiches are created equal, and this Grilled Tuna Melt Sandwich lunch idea proves that!
Crispy on the outside and perfectly melty on the inside, this is a terrific lunch idea for those that love protein-rich sandwich ideas.
Tuna Melt Sandwich
Stop what you are doing right now and check out your pantry. Do you have a can or a pouch of tuna? Yeah, you do! Good, because you are definitely going to want to make this incredibly easy, cheesy Tuna Melt!
Tuna fish is a staple ingredient for many people’s lunches. While tuna salad is most often made with this ingredient, there are so many delicious ways to eat it.
I love it because it’s inexpensive as far as quality protein ingredients go and it has a very long shelf life. This means that it often serves as my go-to emergency lunch builder.
You can use tuna salad in a wrap, served on the side with fresh veggies and crackers, or, the BEST WAY… inside a deliciously grilled sandwich!.
You guys, this sandwich is so good, my family will even request it for DINNER! Yes, that means that this recipe makes it perfectly acceptable to use canned tuna for dinner.
Since we LOVE this Tuna Melt and regularly eat tuna fish, I’ll make a large batch of tuna salad and use it for these sandwiches and to pack in other lunches.
It refrigerates exceptionally well, up to 3 days, which means that you now have lunch figured out! -at least for a couple of days.
Just like this delicious tuna melt, making affordable meals is part of our meal plan game plan! Whether you select lunch, dinner, or both; inside our meal plans you will find five delicious and easy to make fresh recipes, with a done-for-you shopping list, meal prep plan, and many tips.
Easy Lunch Ideas
Since this is one epic and easy lunch, check out the video below to see how to pack a grilled sandwich inside a lunchbox. This means that this epic sandwich is perfectly suitable to pack for school or office lunch.
And when you’re done packing this one, you can see more epic grilled cheese lunch ideas here.
Whether you make it for lunch or dinner, this sandwich is gonna melt your heart!
Grilled Tuna Melt Sandwich Lunch
Lunch game changer alert! This grilled tuna melt sandwich is crispy on the outside and everything you love on the inside.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices thick sandwich bread, such as Italian or French bread
- 1 tablespoons butter, for grilling
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the tuna, onion, celery, sweet relish, mayonnaise, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Place the bread on a flat surface. Spread the butter over each slice and flip. Spread the tuna fish salad over 2 slices of bread, top with cheese, and assemble the sandwiches.
- In a non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat, place the sandwiches and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Flip and continue to grill until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. If packing in a lunchbox, allow the sandwich to cool down to room temperature before packing into a lunch container.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 780
- Sugar: 9.2g
- Sodium: 1215mg
- Fat: 40.8g
- Saturated Fat: 13.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45.5g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 47.4g
- Cholesterol: 116.1mg