Homemade s’mores pop tarts are an irresistible breakfast or treat your family will ask for again and again.
Who can resist the combination of melted chocolate and marshmallow in a homemade pop tart? Fresh out of the oven, these s’mores pop tarts are a dream come true. Today I’m showing you how to make your own at home.
Homemade S’mores Pop-Tarts
The golden-brown crust is perfectly warm, soft, and bursting with a chocolate marshmallow center. It’s a delicious treat that will make you forget all about the store-bought version.
You would think making your own pop tarts would be complicated, but it’s not. I’ve already made a Strawberry Pop Tart Recipe, and now it’s time to try it out with the flavors of s’mores.
S’mores Pop Tart Ingredients
These are super easy to make with only 4 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
How to Make S’mores Pop-Tarts
This is a perfect recipe for getting your kids in the kitchen and helping roll out the dough and pipe the filling. Plus, I’m sure once you let them know it’s for pop tarts they will be more than excited.
Here’s how to make homemade s’mores pop tarts:
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the Nutella and marshmallow fluff into separate piping bags (or heavy-duty zip bags).
- Roll the Dough
Roll out the pie dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut the dough into 3 x 4-inch rectangles and place one row onto the baking sheet.
- Fill the Center
Pipe alternating rows of Nutella and marshmallow fluff onto the center of the rectangle. *For reference, I had five rows total, three sunflower Nutella rows with two marshmallow fluff rows in between.
Using your finger or a kitchen brush, lightly dab the milk on the outer edges of the pop tart.
Place the second rectangle of dough over the top of the filling and, using a fork, press down the edges.
Using a knife, cut 3 to 4 slits into the top of each pop-tart. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Add the Drizzles
Remove from the oven and allow to cool down before drizzling with melted Nutella and marshmallow fluff. Grab one and enjoy!
You’ll find this recipe and many more kid-favorite treats recreated in my cookbook, The Best Homemade Kid’s Snacks on the Planet. Be sure to check it out and snag a few new recipes to try out with the family.
101 Packed Lunches ebook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Can You Make These Gluten-Free
Need to make these pop tarts a gluten-free option? Easy, swap the regular dough for a gluten-free version; my recipe is made with gluten-free flour, xantham gum, butter, and applesauce. If you are short on time, the store-bought gluten-free dough will work too.
Thankfully the Nutella and marshmallow fluff are both naturally gluten-free, so you won’t need to leave those out. Whew!
Homemade S’mores Poptarts
These easy homemade s’mores pop tarts are stuffed with nutella and marshmallow fluff. The ultimate breakfast!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 7 pop tarts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the filling, add the Nutella and homemade fluff to separate piping or heavy-duty zip bags.
- Roll the pie dough to ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out 3 x 4-inch rectangles. Roll the excess dough and re-cut if necessary. You will need two rectangles to make one pop tart.
- Place one row of rectangles on the baking sheet.
- Using your piping bags, pipe alternating rows of Nutella and marshmallow fluff in the middle of each rectangle.
- Carefully, with a pastry brush or your finger, brush the milk onto the edges of the dough. Lay the second rectangle over the top and press down with your fingers along the edge to close the pop tarts.
- Using a fork, press all the edges to completely seal the pop tarts.
- Cut 3 to 4 tiny slits in the top of each pop tart.
- Bake until golden brown about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the pop tarts on wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle the pop tarts with melted Nutella or chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 pop tart
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 18.6g
- Sodium: 160.1mg
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 2.9mg
Keywords: homemade pop tarts, s’mores pop tarts