Keep reading to learn all the hacks for packing this surprising sandwich perfectly every time.
Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich with Bacon
When you thought you had tried all PB sandwich variations, this amazing Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich makes its way to add more fun and taste to your lunch rotation!
The unexpected combination of peanut butter, bacon, and banana between two slices of bread is delicious, filling and easy to pull together in 5 minutes. While the Classic Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich is amazing, this takes everything to the next level.
Pack it with fresh veggies, fruits, and snacks of your choice. This treat-like sandwich will make lunch special, and your kid will be sure eager to enjoy it!
Why Is this Called the Elvis Sandwich?
“The Elvis” is made with toasted bread, peanut butter, banana and bacon. His mother is quoted as saying he would eat “sandwich after sandwich” of this tasty combo, and once you’ve tried it, you’ll immediately understand why!
What is in the Elvis Presley Peanut Butter Sandwich
Grab basic staples to make this Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich and deliciousness will be guaranteed in every bite!
Check out what you need:
- Sandwich bread: white, whole-wheat, or your favorite. Enjoy it toasted or splain.
- Peanut butter: it can be creamy or crunchy.
- Banana: the riper, the sweeter! You can use sliced or mashed.
- Bacon: you can use turkey bacon for a lower-fat option.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to pack Peanut Butter Bacon Sandwich for lunch
It takes just 5 minutes to turn simple ingredients into a mouth-watering peanut butter bacon sandwich that will make you drool!
Here’s how I make this sandwich for lunch:
- Cook the bacon
Cook the bacon with your preferred method, until crispy. Pat them dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess grease. No time? In this post, I show you how to microwave bacon quickly.
- Make the sandwich
Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both slices of bread. Place the banana slices on one of the bread slices, and top with bacon pieces or crumbled, close the sandwich.
- Pack it for lunch
If making this sandwich for later, pack it inside a compartment of a lunchbox. In another compartment or container, place fruit, veggies, and your favorite lunch sides. Add an ice pack in the lunch bag if necessary.
More Pro Tips for packing this PB Elvis Sandwich for Lunch
Packing this sandwich in the lunchbox perfectly is possible if you follow these simple tips:
Use a firm container
You won’t want to use sandwich zip bags for this one! Pack this peanut butter sandwich in a firm, sandwich-size lunch container or compartment. This will keep it from falling apart or being flattened in the lunch bag. Check out here the best lunch containers.
Add more nutrition
This sandwich goes perfectly with fruit and veggies. Some great additions to the lunchbox are cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, bell pepper strips, celery, cucumber, berries, grapes, apple chips, or a fruit salad.
I like to toast the bread to make it a better base for the sandwich, but this is completely up to you.
Make it peanut-free
If you’d like to pack this sandwich for lunch but your kid attends a peanut-free school, soy butter makes a great swap. Check out more peanut butter alternatives here.
Peanut Butter, Banana, Bacon Sandwich | The Elvis
- 2 slices sandwich bread, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, your favorite
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 2 slices of bacon
Cook the bacon:
- Cook the bacon with your preferred method*, until crispy. Pat them dry with a paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
Make the sandwich:
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both slices of bread. Place the banana slices on one of the bread slices, and top with bacon pieces or crumbled, close the sandwich.
- Note, use toasted bread for the classic Elvis sandwich, or enjoy it on soft sandwich bread.
Pack it for later:
- If making this sandwich for later, pack it inside a compartment of a lunchbox. In another compartment or container, store fruit, veggies, and your favorite sides. Add an ice pack in the lunch bag if necessary.