What’s better than a bag of baked chips? Healthy & delicious home-baked apple chips.
Apple chips are perfect to pack in a lunchbox, serve up as a snack after school, or enjoy yourself along with a healthy office lunch.
Are Apple Chips Healthy?
This is a common question! Since apple chips are sweet and delicious, it seems like they might not be very good for you. And that may be true for the store-bought version.
Oftentimes, you’ll find lots of added sugars or other sweeteners baked into the apple chips you’ll get in the store, making them not a great choice if you are looking for a healthy option.
The good news is, you can easily make apple chips at home and with all-natural ingredients, this is a great, healthy snack option for you and your kids.
In fact, the recipe I’m sharing with you today has just two ingredients – apples and a sprinkling of cinnamon!
With as much as my family loves snacks, making healthy ones that include whole-food ingredients is essential at our house!
Apple Chips and Banana Chips are always great options when my family is hungry and needs something healthy for on-the-go snacking.
Tasty snacks and treats like this are a big part of what gets my kids on board whenever we do a family Whole30.
I knew that to succeed at my own healthy eating goals, I wanted to get my whole family on board, which is why I created the Family KickStart Program. It’s a 30-day whole eating program that is made for busy families.
In it, you’ll find delicious recipes for every meal (plus snacks & weekly treats), meal prep guides and your shopping list for each week of the program.
I take all the guess-work out of clean eating as a family. Best of all, kids LOVE IT because they’ll still see their favorite meals on the menu (there are TWO pancake recipes included), I’ve just swapped ingredients around to make a clean version of the things my picky eaters love.
How to Make Apple Chips
This recipe is easy to remember and even easier to make. However, it does take a bit of time to fully dehydrate the chips in the oven, so be sure you set aside around an hour to make your own apple chips.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 225 degrees and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. While your oven preheats, core apples and slice thinly into rings
3. Place slices on the baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon
4. Bake for 45 minutes, until the apple slices are crisp and golden
5. Allow chips to cool
These baked apple chips only need two ingredients and a hot oven! Super easy, and a great addition to any MOMables lunch!
If you find yourself often stumped on the best lunch ideas for kids, grab a meal plan here to get healthy meal ideas for the whole family sent straight to your inbox. I’ll even give you your shopping list & meal prep instructions to make it extra simple for you!
Easy Baked Apple Chips
Apple Chips are the ultimate, baked treat and made with only 2 ingredients, cinnamon and apples. Perfect for an after school snack or lunchbox treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour + 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 2 Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Core apple and slice as thinly as possible into rings.
- Arrange the apple slices on the baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apple slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the apple slices are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down to room temperature and enjoy.
Store leftover apple chips in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 10 apple chips
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 1.1mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: .5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: apple chips