Need a snack that’s healthy but also tastes like dessert? These no-bake Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls will do just the trick!
Check out the full recipe for these chewy, bite-size treats in the video below:
If you want to know what they taste like, imagine oatmeal raisin cookie dough and peanut butter in every bite. No wonder they are a favorite healthy treat!
OATMEAL ENERGY BALL INGREDIENTS
I love how easy it is to whip up a dozen of these bite-size treats with simple ingredients like oats, shredded coconut, and peanut butter. Plus, they keep their chewy, delicious texture for up to a week, so you’ll have a healthy snack on hand all week long.
Here’s what you need to make these happen:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Coconut flakes
- Ground flaxseed
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
There’s nothing like recreating your favorite recipes into healthier versions that tastes just as good, if not better! And if you want to learn how many parents are doing this while eliminating processed foods and sugars from their family’s diet check out my Family KickStart Program.
It emphasizes on making family-favorite recipes with fresh ingredients while making room for some incredible clean treats!
HEALTHY ENERGY BALLS RECIPE
These are also a gluten-free option, and if you want to make them nut-free, I can help you there too! Swap the peanut butter with soy or sunflower butter or your favorite nut-free option. I have a review on the best nut butter alternatives, and by far, soy and sunflower butter are the most similar in texture to peanut butter.
Snack time is a must around here, and I love helping families keep their pantry stocked with healthy, easy options like this recipe and other energy bites. They taste like dessert, are good for you, and in my book- the perfect snack!
Speaking of, I love snacks so much that I wrote an entire book, The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet, devoted to helping families master homemade snacking!
You’ll find everything from no-bake treats, smoothies, homemade fruit leather, and mini-meals, you know, the works!
What are some of your favorite and healthy go-to treats?
No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls
A healthy and delicious snack is exactly why you’ll love these no-bake energy bites that taste like an oatmeal raisin cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 18–20 bites 1x
- Category: snacks
- Cuisine: Snacks
- Diet: Gluten Free
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, coconut flakes, flax seed, mini chocolate chips, if using, and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oat mix, until thoroughly incorporated. Let it chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll it into balls. Store in an airtight container or lunchbox, and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
* The peanut or non-nut butter you use will make a difference in how well these stick together. If they are not holding together well, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more peanut butter. My creamy peanut butter holds these just fine with ½ cup. *you can use quick oats for this recipe, however, you might need to adjust the quantity since the mixture might be a tad sticky. If so, add more oats.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 18.9g
- Sodium: 32.9mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no bake bites, oatmeal raising balls