September 12, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love a variety of delicious options for snack time? This rainbow snack box offers just that, and it’s so quick to assemble!
You can follow this recipe to a T, or use it as a blueprint and create your own rainbow- let me show you how.
Fruit & Veggie Snack Box
You get a little of everything in this snack idea: fresh veggies, crisp apples, protein from hard-boiled eggs, and a sweet but healthy treat of oatmeal raisin bites.
Want to use this idea for a healthy lunch? Good thinking! Add a dip like hummus or ranch to go with the veggies, a few slices of rolled deli turkey, and whole grain crackers- bam! You get even more variety AND a balanced lunch.
Having a compartmentalized lunch container comes in handy when you want to assemble multiple wet and dry ingredients under one lid. Check out a few of my favorite lunch container options to see which one works best for you.
What’s in this Rainbow Snack Box
In theory, you can create a rainbow snack box with all sorts of colorful ingredients, but this particular version includes:
- Veggies: red bell pepper and carrots have a sweet-fresh flavor and vibrant color.
- Fruit: use any of your favorite fruit like apples, oranges, pears, and berries.
- Treat: pack this with snack bites or a granola bar cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Protein: hard-boiled eggs or rolled deli cuts.
Preparing healthy lunches kids will love is easy when you have the right ideas! Want more? I’ve got them all!
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack a Rainbow Snack Box for Lunch
Now, grab your ingredients, and let me show you how to assemble everything in the lunchbox:
Wash and slice the fruit and veggies.
- Wet ingredients together
Add the veggies and fruit to the lunch box. Add the hard-boiled eggs to a separate compartment.
- Keep dry ingredients separate
The snack bites can be packed into the same compartment as the veggies, but if you’re packing a granola bar or crackers, place them in their own compartment, so they don’t absorb any moisture.
- Prepare for shipment
Close the lunch container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Healthy Rainbow Snack Box
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup carrot coins
- 1 small apple sliced
- 2 oatmeal raisin bites
- 1 hard-boiled egg halved or diced
- Wash and slice the bell peppers and apple.
- Pack the veggies and fruit into a lunch container. Add the hard-boiled egg and apple to the empty compartments.
- The snack bites can be packed into the same compartment as the veggies, but if you’re assembling this with a granola bar or crackers, they will need to be placed in a separate compartment.
- Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Leave a Reply