August 8, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Need a snack idea made with real ingredients? This snack box with beef jerky is just the idea you’re looking for!
With the help of a compartmentalized container, we’re going to turn plain jerky into a balanced and even tastier option you can pack in the lunch bag.
Beek Jerky Snack Box
No better way to enjoy snack time than with a variety of yummy ingredients, and this beef jerky box offers just that. You get a little crunch from the crackers, salty from the jerky and cheese, and sweetness from the fruit.
Not to mention, each box provides your kids with 20 grams of protein, which brings me to the next point, this could easily be turned into lunch. Including a little extra fruit, veggies with dip, and hard-boiled eggs would not only bulk this bento up but add more nutrients and keep it easy to eat.
Want more fresh ideas to pack in the lunch bag? You’ll find a ton of them right here:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
What is in this Snack Box with Beef Jerky
Below is a list of the foods included in this beef jerky snack box, but you could think of it as a “blueprint” and swap out certain items for a similar option:
- Beef jerky: your favorite variety, or use turkey jerky.
- Something crunchy: could be whole grain crackers, pita chips, or pretzels.
- Cheese: goes great with crackers and adds protein.
- Fruit: any fresh fruit or veggies work great!
See how easy it is to make healthy snacks for school when you have the right ingredients?!
How to pack a Beef Jerky Snack Box
Now, I’ll show you how to pack all the different ingredients into one container, so they stay fresh until snack time!
Wash the fruit and slice the cheese into squares. Use kitchen scissors to cut the beef jerky into smaller pieces, if needed.
- Keep the crackers separate
In order to keep the crackers crispy, pack them in their own compartment.
- Add more snacks
The cheese, jerky, and fruit can all be packed together or kept separate if your container has enough compartments.
- Prepare for transport
Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Looking for a snack container like the one used in this recipe? You’ll find it here.
Beef Jerky Snack Box
- 1 cup grapes
- 1- ounce cheese cut into squares
- 1 serving whole grain crackers
- 1- ounce beef jerky
- Wash the fruit and slice the cheese into small squares. Cut the jerky into smaller pieces if needed.
- Place the crackers in their own compartment. Add the jerky, cheese, and fruit to the remaining compartments.
- Close the container and place it into the lunch bag with an ice pack.
Leave a Reply