Everyone’s favorite nacho-cheese chips get an ingredient makeover with this easy Homemade Dorito recipe!
This homemade Dorito recipe is just as yummy as the other guys but made with real ingredients. They are perfect with cheese dip for a party appetizer or packed into a school lunch. However you serve them, they’ll be the first snack to go!
We see these particular chips at nearly every party and they’re gone from the table at lightning speed because everyone loves them, including yours truly! What many of us don’t love is the long ingredient list.
Does that mean we don’t eat chips at all? Of course not, we eat other varieties but that doesn’t stop us from wanting these.
To make these chips, I prefer to use corn tortillas since they turn into that crispy texture of Doritos when baked.
How to Make Doritos Chips
And it doesn’t take much to turn regular corn tortillas and a handful of seasoning into those crunchy, nacho-cheese flavored chips. Here’s how to make your own Doritos at home:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas onto the and brush oil on both sides. Stack the tortillas, then cut 3 ways making 6 triangles.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the Parmesan cheese, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt, stir to combine. Toss the sliced tortillas into the spice mix, making sure each piece gets evenly coated and ley them in a single later onto the .
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Allow the chips to cool down to room temperature before serving or packing into lunch containers.
Easy enough, right?
You could say I have a knack for taking kid-favorite foods like pop tarts, Oreos, fruit roll-ups, and turning them into real and tasty treats like I did for many of the recipes in The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet Cookbook.
It has countless, incredible snacks and treats recipes made with wholesome ingredients. It’s a great tool for any picky eaters and encourages kids to try new things. And when you have picky eaters, you know trying to eat less processed foods can be a challenge, that’s why I’m here to help.
Recipes like these homemade Doritos prove that real food can be fun, easy to make, and something kids actually want to eat!
Snack time gets a real makeover with these Easy Homemade Doritos recipe! They are made with real ingredients and have that delicious, crunchy texture we love.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 15 to 20 mins
- Total Time: 23 – 28 mins
- Yield: 9 chips 1x
- Category: snacks
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 6 tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas onto the baking sheet and brush oil on both sides. Stack the tortillas and cut 3 ways making 6 triangles.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the Parmesan, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt, stir to combine. Toss the sliced tortillas into the spice mix, making sure each piece gets evenly coated and lay them in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool before serving or packing into lunch containers.
- Serving Size: 9 chips
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 421.4mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 4.5mg
Keywords: chips, baked doritos, homemade doritos ingredients,