How often do you eat an entire bag of those greasy potato chips and feel a tad guilty afterward?
I love salty chips. I could eat an entire bag in one sitting.
Is that good for me? No way. So I’m always looking for healthier options to curb my cravings.
Just like MOMables is always looking for healthier ways to help you pack lunch fast and fresh! With the meal plan, you get a shopping list, a step-by-step recipe for each day of the week and even pictures to give you an idea of what the end result should look like!
Making homemade potato chips is so simple, and it’s a delicious way to help fight those “snack attacks.” All you need are three ingredients!
A couple of things to note:
Make sure you’re using a mandoline or the slicer on your food processor if it’s adjustable, set to the thinnest setting. You want a consistent slice thickness.
After slicing, make sure you pat the slices dry with paper towels to help remove any excess moisture. This is also crucial to them baking correctly and evenly.
Store them in an airtight container for about 3 to 4 days, if you have any left. ;)
Homemade Oven-Baked Potato Chips
Want a recipe for Homemade Potato Chips? Then this is perfect for you! No more store bought bags with unnatural ingredients!
- 1 large russet baking potato
- Olive oil or other cooking spray
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a mandoline or slicer, THINLY slice the potato.
- Use a paper towel to dry off the excess moisture from the slices. (This is crucial to help them bake evenly and to crisp up.)
- Coat the parchment-covered baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- Evenly spread out the potato slices in a single layer, then spray the tops as well.
- Bake them for 18 to 20 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown. Flip the slices about 11 to 12 minutes in.
- Once you get close to 18 minutes, keep an eye on them because they will brown and crisp up QUICKLY.
- Some slices may cook faster than others. Remove those slices, if that happens to a few.
- Once they reach your liking, remove the baking sheet from the oven and evenly sprinkle with the sea salt.