January 10, 2017
These chocolate chip cookie dough snack bars are a copy cat recipe of the store-bought bars but made with healthy ingredients and perfect for packing in a lunchbox.
What I like best about these snack bars, besides how great they taste, is they come together super fast! Don’t believe me? Check out this quick video.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
These chewy bars with bits of chocolate are the perfect guilt-free solution for any sweet tooth. My kids love that they taste a lot like the oat and chocolate chip bars found at the grocery store, and I love that they are made with better-for-you ingredients.
Once made, these bars are good for up to a week in the refrigerator. I like to prepare them ahead of time with the rest of my meal prep for the week and pack them into lunches throughout the week.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar Ingredients
With only 5 ingredients, these simple bars will be ready to eat in no time. Here’s what you need to make this healthy treat happen:
- Raw cashew pieces OR sunflower seeds
- Pitted Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
If you find yourself often searching for healthier dessert and snack ideas, be sure to check out my latest cookbook, Clean Treats for Everyone.
It has over 100 incredible recipes made with no wheat flour, no dairy, or refined sugars, so there’s something for everyone.
Clean Treats Cookbook
Healthy and wholesome dessert recipes you’ll want to eat made with clean ingredients you already have on hand.
Grab your copy today!
Want to make these cookie dough bars last as long as possible? Slice and freeze them in an airtight container for up to a month. When you’re ready for a treat, remove one (or two!) from the freezer, give it 5 minutes to defrost, and enjoy!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Snack Bars
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces*
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of the food processor, pulse cashew pieces and dates until they begin to form a paste. Add in vanilla extract and salt, and continue to process until the mixture is a cohesive paste. Add in chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Spread mixture over parchment paper and with your hands, press down and spread evenly, to about ½ – ¾ inch thick. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Picking up the parchment paper, remove from pan and cut into individual bars. Wrap individually and store in refrigerator for about a week. Bars can also be wrapped and frozen.