Do you need a healthy snack option in your kids’ lunchbox and are tired of buying the same overpriced snack bars over and over again at the grocery? You will love this recipe. These chocolate chip cookie dough snack bars are a copy cat recipe for the very popular store-bought ones.
With many of us trying to eat more fresh, healthy, home-cooked meals and snacks, this recipe is a great add-in for your weekly rotations, meal planning and for filling our lunchboxes with.
What I like best about these snack bars, besides how great they taste, is they come together super fast! Don’t believe me? Check out this quick video.
So, whether you pack these in your kid’s lunchbox or your own, they make a great snack to keep you held over until you get home for the evening.
What’s your favorite lunchbox snack?
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Snack Bars
- Yield: 9-12 bars 1x
- 2 cups raw cashew pieces*
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of the food processor, pulse cashew pieces and dates until they begin to form a paste. Add in vanilla extract and salt, and continue to process until the mixture is a cohesive paste. Add in chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Spread mixture over parchment paper and with your hands, press down and spread evenly, to about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Picking up the parchment paper, remove from pan and cut into individual bars. Wrap individually and store in refrigerator for about a week. Bars can also be wrapped and frozen.
Substitute the cashews with pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds for a nut-free recipe.