July 5, 2022
Pack this easy chicken salad quesadilla for school lunch and your kids will come home with empty lunchboxes and full bellies.
It’s a simple, high-protein recipe, and I’ll show you how to keep it fresh for lunchtime.
Zesty Chicken Salad Quesadilla
Recipes like this chicken salad quesadilla make a filling and kid-approved lunch you can assemble in a matter of minutes. It’s as easy as tucking healthy chicken salad into a large tortilla, like the ones leftover from taco night.
You can even try this with my Spicy Southern Chicken Salad recipe. It’s not super hot but has a little kick from the Creole spices.
If your kids love to dip their quesadillas in sauce, add a mini sauce container filled with ranch dressing to the lunch bag. It’s a delicious combo and makes it more like the cheesy quesadillas they’re already familiar with.
Check out this quick video to see how you can assemble this quesadilla and four more healthy lunches with chicken salad:
What is in a Chicken Salad Quesadilla
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these chicken quesadillas for lunch:
- Burrito-size tortilla: use any large flour tortilla or grain-free wraps.
- Southern Chicken Salad: make your own or your favorite store-bought chicken salad from the deli.
- Veggies: this lunchbox is served with carrot chips and sliced celery.
- Fruit: fresh blueberries or your favorite fruit.
Packing a healthy lunch is easy when you have the right ingredients and ideas on hand. Want more? I’ve got just what you need:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Chicken Salad Quesadilla
Grab those ingredients and let’s turn them into a chicken quesadilla the kids will love!
Wash the blueberries and slice the celery into strips. Prepare the chicken salad.
- Assemble the Wrap
Place the tortilla onto a flat surface and spread ½ to ¾ cup of chicken salad onto one-half the tortilla. Fold into a half-moon and cut in half.
- Keep it Fresh
To keep the quesadilla fresh, pack it in a separate compartment from the berries and veggies.
- Prepare for Transport
Close the container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
Healthy Chicken Salad Quesadilla
- 1 large flour tortilla
- ½ cup – ¾ cup Chicken Salad
- Carrot chips
- Celery sticks
- Place the tortilla onto a flat surface and spread the chicken salad onto one side. Fold into a half-moon and cut in half.
- Pack the quesadillas wedges into a compartmentalized container. Add the veggies and fruit to the container, keeping them separate from the quesadilla.
- Close the lunchbox and refrigerate or pack it into a lunch bag with an icepack.