This bento box has a winning combination that kids of all ages love: crackers and cheese! An easy lunch idea for happy and full bellies!
Bento Box with Crackers, Turkey & Cheese
This Bento Box is a great lunch idea you can assemble in 5 minutes for a healthy and nutritious meal your kids will enjoy eating.
All you need to cook are hard-boiled eggs: make a batch to save time, add the crackers and fresh ingredients to the bento box, and voilá!
Turkey, cheese, and eggs add protein, while veggies and fruit are terrific sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals sources. Altogether, in a fun lunch that feels like snacking!
What Goes in a Cracker Bento Box
You can build this bento box lunch with crackers and nutritious ingredients that kids love.
This one includes:
- Crackers: your child’s favorite whole-grain crackers o homemade cheese crackers.
- Hard-boiled egg: adds protein and helps keep kids full longer.
- Turkey: pairs great with Cheddar cheese. You can also use ham.
- Cheddar cheese: or any other cheese, cut into pieces.
- Veggies: I added cucumber slices, but you can add any other, like carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper strips, etc.
- Grapes: both delicious and add more food for the lunch.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Pack a Bento Box with Crackers for Lunch
Keeping a bento lunch fresh until lunchtime is possible when you pack ingredients correctly.
Here is how I packed this lunch:
- Prep turkey & cheese
Roll up the deli turkey slices and cut them into a few pieces. Slice 1 to 2 slices of cheddar cheese. Place turkey and cheese inside the lunch container.
Peel and slice the hard-boiled egg in half or into smaller pieces for younger kids. Place the hard-boiled egg inside the compartment of the lunch container.
- Add crackers
Pack the crackers inside a separate compartment or zip bag to stay fresh and crunchy until lunchtime.
- Add veggies and fruits
Add a serving of fruit and veggies to this lunch to round up the nutrition.
Tips to meal prep Cracker Bento Box Lunch
This Cracker Bento Box is one you can entirely prep ahead of time, so all you have to do on busy mornings is open the fridge and grab one!
Cook a batch of eggs
It’s not only a great addition to any bento box but also a high-protein ingredient you can add to salads or healthy school lunches. Batch cook all at once in a pot, in the oven, or in the Instant Pot, peel them, and keep them in the fridge.
Wash, Cut & Assemble
Wash and cut veggies ahead. Place it in the same compartment with turkey and cheese, cover with the lid, and refrigerate to eat during the week.
Pack crackers separately
Crackers will absorb the moisture of other ingredients in the lunchbox and won’t be crisp at lunchtime. Pack them in their own compartment in the lunch container or a zip bag to keep them fresh.
Will Crackers get Soggy in the Fridge?
When left exposed to the air inside the fridge, crackers will absorb the moisture in the air. You can prevent this by placing the crackers inside their own compartment of the lunchbox or sealed in a zip bag. This way, the entire lunch is packed and ready to go in the morning!
Turkey & Cheese Cracker Stacker Bento
- 2 ounces deli turkey
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, sliced
- 6 whole-grain crackers
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 serving of veggies
- 1 serving of fruit
- On a flat surface, roll up the deli turkey slices and cut them into a few pieces. Place them inside the lunch container.
- Slice 1 to 2 slices of cheddar cheese and place them in the lunch container.
- Peel and slice the hard-boiled egg in half or, into smaller pieces for younger kids. Place the hard boiled egg inside the compartment of the lunch container.
- Pack the crackers inside a separate compartment or zip bag so they stay fresh until lunchtime.
- Add a serving of fruit and veggies to this lunch to round up the nutrition.