November 4, 2014
This filling and healthy lunch idea with lots of protein can be packed fast and kept fresh with the tips below.
High-Protein Bistro Box with Hard-Boiled Egg & Turkey
This bistro box with hard-boiled egg and turkey is a high-protein lunch you can meal prep or assemble quickly and easily with basic staples.
Hard-boiled eggs are great to add to lunches when you have them ready in the fridge. Add slices of your favorite deli turkey, cubed or sliced cheese, and it’s almost done!
Make it a complete meal by adding carrots or any other veggie and a serving of hummus. It’s optional, but always a fun way to eat veggies (with a dip!).
What is in Hard-Boiled Egg & Turkey Protein Bistro Box
With simple and wholesome ingredients, you can assemble a healthy and tasty bento lunch that kids will be eager to eat!
This bistro box lunch includes:
- Hard-boiled eggs: nutrition and protein that keep little bellies full.
- Deli turkey: another delicious protein that kids enjoy eating.
- Cheese: filling and tasty!
- Baby carrots: a kid-friendly veggie they can dig in their favorite dip.
- Hummus: optional but fun!
- Almonds: optional, you can swap them for fruit.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to Pack Hard-Boiled Egg & Turkey Protein Bistro Box for Lunch
This easy and tasty bento box remains perfect until lunchtime if you pack it correctly.
Here is how I packed this lunch:
- Cook the eggs
Cook hard-boiled eggs and, once cool, peel them so they’re ready to be packed inside a lunchbox.
- Prep the turkey
On a flat surface, roll up turkey slices and cut the roll into a few pieces. Place them inside the lunch container along with 1 or 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- Cube the cheese
Cut a few pieces of cheese and place them inside the lunch container.
- Add carrots
Pack baby carrots or another veggie inside the lunch container.
- Dip & Almonds
If you’re sending hummus or another dip, pack it separately inside a small leak-proof container. Add almonds to this lunch or fruit, if desired.
Tips to pack a healthy and convenient lunch box
Meal prep / pack ahead
You can meal prep this healthy bistro box to save time on busy mornings. Grab enough lunch containers for a few days, add all the ingredients following the step-by-step above, and refrigerate.
Eggs are a terrific protein you can batch-cook ahead to use in this bento box and other easy lunches, like salads and healthy deviled eggs. Cook them, peel them, and store them in the fridge, ready to use!
Add snack-like veggies
Baby carrots are perfect for eating as a snack or digging in a dip, but there are other great options you can add instead or mix with carrots, such as bell pepper strips, cucumber slices, or celery sticks.
Hard-Boiled Egg & Turkey Protein Bistro Box
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 ounces deli turkey
- 1 ounce cheese
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon hummus, optional
- 1 tablespoon almonds, optional
- Cook hard-boiled eggs and once cool, peel them so they’re ready to be packed inside a lunchbox.
- On a flat surface, roll up turkey slices and cut the roll into a few pieces. Place them inside the lunch container along with 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs.
- Cube a few pieces of cheese and place them inside the lunch container.
- Pack baby carrots inside the lunch container or another veggie. If sending hummus or another dip, pack it separately, inside a small leak-proof container.
- Add almonds to this lunch or fruit, if desired.