Need a healthy school and office lunch idea? Try this Egg Roll in a Bowl, for a portable low-carb lunch that’s quick to make and sure to fill you up!
Watch this video to see how this epic lunch comes together fast!
Egg Roll in a Bowl – Healthy Lunch Ideas
Made with fresh veggies and lean protein this healthy lunch idea works great for both kids and adults. I typically make this dish for dinner, but why not make extra and use the leftovers for a hot lunch later in the week?
That’s two meals with one, and us mom’s get to keep our low-carb goals #winning.
I find that our days run a lot smoother when I have meals prepped and ready to be packed into a purse, backpack, or office bag. None of this actually happens without a plan and our family meal plans give you that extra boost each week with recipes, prep ahead tips and a complete shopping list.
It’s the only way my family and I enjoy fresh and healthy meals each day.
Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
Low-carb or not, adults and kids LOVE it because it tastes exactly like the center of an eggroll without the fried shell and groggy feelings 30 minutes later. You can serve it over cooked rice for the kids or cauliflower rice if you’re doing low-carb or a part of our Family Kickstart program.
Either way, you can’t go wrong.
How to make egg roll in a bowl
One skillet and simple ingredients- this might be one of the easiest meals on this whole blog. For the veggies, I use shredded cabbage and carrots.
While you are free to purchase and shred your own, I always opt for the bags of pre-shredded coleslaw mix, it saves on time!
As far as protein goes I like to use ground pork but egg roll in a bowl can be made with ground turkey, chicken or beef, whatever you keep on hand and if you want to make this completely gluten-free swap the soy sauce for coconut aminos.
Want more portable low-carb lunch ideas? Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe (quick & easy!)
Need a healthy school and office lunch idea? Try this low-carb egg roll in a bowl, it’s super quick to make and sure to fill you up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 med onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, or pork (or finely chopped chicken).
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 16-ounce bag cauliflower rice or 4 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the meat, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and Sriracha, cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the cabbage is tender.
- Before serving, prepare the cauliflower rice according to package instructions or if using your own, steam in the microwave or stove-top.
- Serve over the Egg Roll mixture over the cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 26.8g