If you like bread (who doesn’t?!) and Everything Bagel Seasoning, then I’ve got the perfect match for you! This Everything Cloud Bread is cheesy, soft, and the ultimate low-carb solution for all things toast, sandwiches, and snacking!
Just when I thought the original cloud bread couldn’t get any better- boy was I wrong! And to show you how easy and clever this recipe is to make, I made a video, be sure to check it out below.
Just when I thought the original cloud bread couldn’t get any better- boy was I wrong! Although there are crucial steps to any cloud bread recipes, It’s actually fairly easy to make, so if you can read instructions and operate a hand mixer, you’re in good shape.
What is Cloud Bread Made From
Also known as keto bread, cloud bread is made with whipped egg whites, yolks, cream cheese, and cream of tartar. It’s high in protein, grain-free, and low in carbs making it the perfect bread substitute for anyone doing keto, grain-free, or gluten-free.
While the texture is super light, it’s also durable enough to stand up to any spreads or toppings such so you can treat it like a slice of regular bread, as you can see in the picture below.
It’s also worth noting that fresh cloud bread has a more souffle-like texture unless that’s what you’re going for I recommend allowing them to cool down to room temp before storing the rounds in an airtight container for a few hours. During this time, they’ll firm up and be more bread-like.
Does Cloud Bread Taste Good?
Cloud bread has a savory and slightly sweet taste, while its’ flavor and texture don’t resemble regular wheat bread, these rounds are perfectly delicious for all things sandwiches and toasts!
Cloud Bread Everything Flavoring
After making several batches of the classic cloud bread, I got curious and decided to try one of my favorite seasonings to give it an extra edge. What can I say, but- it worked!
My secret weapon is the Everything Bagel Seasoning! I love to put it on everything from hard-boiled eggs to salads, stir-fry’s, and now cloud bread.
I use this one from Trader Joe’s, but you can also find it on amazon.
Serving Ideas for Everything Bagel Cloud Bread
Since this cloud bread is a low-carb version of bagels, it’s only reasonable to dress it like a bagel. If you want to get fancy, try it with cream cheese, sliced smoked salmon, and chopped fresh dill!
If you’re tired of salads but need a fresh low-carb lunch idea, you can also use these to make sandwiches. They will hold up to deli meats, cheese, and sauce. However, due to cloud bread’s light, delicate texture, it wouldn’t hold up well with a lot of moisture, so be careful not to pack on the pickles and tomatoes.
And there you have it! An easy, low-carb bread that tastes like an Everything Bagel. It’s great if you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative or want to try something new.
Easy Everything Bagel Cloud Bread Bagels
This Everything Cloud Bread is cheesy, soft, and the ultimate low-carb solution for all things toast, sandwiches, and snacking!
- Prep Time: 8-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 38-40 minutes
- Yield: 8 cloud breads 1x
- Category: Bread
- 3 eggs, whites, and yolks separated
- 3 tablespoons full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2–3 drops liquid stevia, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In one bowl, combine the egg yolks with the softened cream cheese and stevia until you have a smooth batter.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, place egg whites and cream of tartar. Whisk the egg whites on medium speed, moving up to high speed until they are fluffy and stiff peaks have formed.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking sheets with a spoon and shape them into 3/4-inch thick, 4-inch rounds. Sprinkle the Everything but the Bagel seasoning over the rounds.
- Bake for 30 minutes until they are golden.
- *NOTE – cooking times will vary as all ovens vary slightly in temperature. Check for doneness without opening the oven door around 22 minutes.
- Once done, remove the cloud bread from the oven and allow them to cool down completely.
- Transfer them to a zip bag for storage and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 round
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 35.1mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 60.2mg