Are you looking for a convenient protein-rich portable breakfast? These easy make-ahead breakfast burritos are freezer friendly and taste amazing.
Watch how easy they are to make, in this recipe video.
You can’t pick a favorite kid, but you can definitely pick a favorite meal – and ours is breakfast! My kids all have different food preferences and allergies, so it can be tough finding a meal that everyone will eat without problems. But breakfast food always seems to do the trick! Who can say no to eggs, bacon, and our favorite pancake recipe?
You all know that I’m a huge advocate for meal prepping. I love to prep lots of food at the beginning of the week so the rest of the week is (a little!) less hectic. I also use my freezer like it’s going out of style. It’s always stuffed to the brim with frozen muffins, veggies, soup, and these breakfast burritos!
Lately, I’ve been making fewer trips to the grocery store and trying to cook with what I already have on hand. I even made a Pantry Staples Meal Plan to help you make amazing recipes with what you already have in your freezer and pantry. Check it out here.
But back to today’s recipe. My family loves Mexican food, so I combined our two favorite things and made Mexican-inspired breakfast burritos. This recipe is like a fiesta breakfast, and I just can’t get enough!
You can make as many as you want at once and freeze the leftovers – they make the perfect grab-and-go meals for super busy days. I also like to pack them for lunch and sometimes even enjoy them for our breakfast-for-dinner nights! With a little extra taco seasoning, of course.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
Mornings are easy when you can grab some of these Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos! Easy to make ahead and way taster than the store-bought ones.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 8-inch tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 6 parchment paper squares, about 10 inches
- Additional toppings, avocado, and salsa (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a medium skillet (about 10 inches) over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and pour in whisked eggs. Once they start cooking, add in your diced tomato and any other add-ins you like in your burritos. Continue to stir the egg and topping mixture until fully cooked and remove pan from heat.
- On a flat surface, place a tortilla on top of a parchment paper square. Top the tortilla with ⅙ of the egg mixture, top with shredded cheese and any other toppings or salsa.
- Fold tortilla over the fillings, fold in the sides, and roll into a burrito. Once your breakfast burrito is closed, wrap with the parchment paper square.
- Repeat the process with remaining tortillas and eggs. Once cooled, transfer assembled burritos into a gallon sized freezer bag and refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for up to one month.
- To eat, simply warm directly in the microwave until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 298.4mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 195.6mg