Are you looking for a convenient protein-rich portable breakfast? These freezer-friendly breakfast burritos are a delicious grab and go breakfast you can prep ahead with eggs, tortillas, cheese, and veggies.
I think we can all agree that eggs, bacon, fluffy pancakes, and breakfast burritos taste good any time of day. And for this post I’m sharing my DIY breakfast burrito recipe so you can skip the drive-thru for a healthier version that’s just as delicious.
Watch how I assemble these homemade burritos in the video below:
Healthy Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
These burritos are often made with items and ingredients leftover from taco night or whatever I have on hand. Feel free to toss in any of your family’s favorite breakfast ingredients like sausage, peppers, onions, diced ham- you get the picture.
- Shredded cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 6 parchment paper squares
- Toppings! – avocado, salsa, black olives, etc.
Love easy meal ideas that you can prep ahead like this one? Download a sample MOMables Meal Plan where you’ll find delicious recipes plus a meal prep sheet and a done-for-you shopping list to go along with them!
Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
You all know that I’m a huge advocate of easy meal prep recipes like these breakfast burritos. Thanks to the freezer, we can make them ahead, from start to finish, and keep on hand for a meal that’s ready to reheat and eat.
Since they last up to 1 month in the freezer, I recommend doubling the recipe so there’s plenty on hand. Here’s how to make and freeze breakfast burritos for later:
- Prepare the burritos.
- Wrap each burrito with parchment paper.
- Transfer the wrapped burritos to a gallon-size zip bag.
- Refrigerate for 1 week and freeze for up to 1 month.
When you’re ready to eat, reheat them in the microwave until heated through and serve for breakfast or pack in a lunch box.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
Freezer-friendly breakfast burritos are a delicious grab and go breakfast you can prep ahead with eggs, tortillas, cheese, and veggies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast/Lunch
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 8-inch tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 6 parchment paper squares, about 10 inches
- Additional toppings, avocado, and salsa (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a medium skillet (about 10 inches) over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and pour in whisked eggs. Once they start cooking, add in your diced tomato and any other add-ins you like in your burritos. Continue to stir the egg and topping mixture until fully cooked and remove pan from heat.
- On a flat surface, place a tortilla on top of a parchment paper square. Top the tortilla with ⅙ of the egg mixture, top with shredded cheese and any other toppings or salsa.
- Fold tortilla over the fillings, fold in the sides, and roll into a burrito. Once your breakfast burrito is closed, wrap with the parchment paper square.
- Repeat the process with remaining tortillas and eggs. Once cooled, transfer assembled burritos into a gallon sized freezer bag and refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for up to one month.
- To eat, simply warm directly in the microwave until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 311.2mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Cholesterol: 195.6mg
Keywords: breakfast burritos, frozen breakfast burritos, freezer-friendly meal