This homemade Egg McMuffin recipe promises an on the go breakfast to make mornings just a little easier.
When taking the steps to get my family eating more nutritious meals at home, I looked at our favorite ‘out to eat’ foods for inspiration.
Cookies, granola bars and sandwiches ranked high among the favorites. I decided to start with the easiest on the list, sandwiches.
Breakfast sandwiches to be specific. These simple, homemade Egg McMuffins take a little make ahead prep, but you’ll be so glad to pull these delicious sandwiches out of the freezer on hectic mornings.
The added bonus? Showing your kids how great homemade versions of their favorite ‘out to eat’ foods can be! Check out how easy they are to make in this quick one-minute video.
For more delicious, make ahead recipes like this, click on over to MOMables for a sample of our meal plan.
Homemade Egg McMuffins
- Yield: 6 breakfast sandwiches 1x
- 6 English muffins, sliced in half
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices deli ham
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 5 ramekins, or a jumbo muffin tin and place on a cookie sheet.
- Crack one egg into each ramekin.
- Pierce egg yolk with a fork and very slightly beat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake eggs for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Run a knife around the edge of ramekin (or muffin tin) to remove eggs.
- To assemble breakfast sandwich, layer one half of each English muffin with one slice of cheese, one slice of ham and a cooked egg.
- Top with other half of English muffin.
- Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- To reheat, place in microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through.