This Homemade Egg McMuffin delivers a breakfast that’s high in protein and easy to reheat for breakfast on-the-go!
Check out how easy this breakfast sandwich is to assemble in the video:
Homemade Egg McMuffins
A simple English muffin topped with cheese, smoked ham, and real baked eggs, these Homemade Egg McMuffins have all the bells, stops, and whistles of the drive-through version but in a more wholesome meal.
You can also customize them with any of your favorite ingredients. Use sprouted, whole-wheat, even gluten-free English muffins. Swap the Cheddar cheese for Gouda or Pepper Jack, and instead of ham, use bacon or breakfast sausage. There’s no wrong way to make them.
How to Prep Homemade Egg McMuffins Ahead
On hectic mornings, you’ll be so glad to pull these delicious sandwiches out of the freezer. They are an extremely easy meal prep recipe to make ahead and freeze, so you have a convenient breakfast on hand.
Reheating frozen egg mcmuffins is as easy as microwaving for 1 to 2 minutes, and voila! Breakfast is ready.
And, in case you are wondering how exactly does one take this “to-go,”; wrap it in a paper towel and place it inside a lunchbox. The lunchbox acts as a carrying tray and makes it easy to eat on the way to work, school, or while you’re running errands.
Recreating my family’s favorite take-out and snack foods have been an ongoing process, with many of the recipes being a success! For more easy and delicious recipes like this one, check out my cookbook, The Best Homemade Kid’s Snacks on the Planet.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Homemade Egg McMuffins
Skip the drive-thru for these Homemade Egg McMuffins. Made with real ham and baked eggs they are the perfect on-the-go breakfast you can prep ahead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 22 – 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 breakfast sandwiches 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 6 English muffins, sliced in half
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices deli ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 6 ramekins or jumbo muffin tin and place on a cookie sheet.
- Crack one egg into each ramekin.
- Pierce egg yolk with a fork and very slightly beat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake eggs for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin (or muffin cup) to remove the eggs.
- To assemble the breakfast sandwiches, layer one half of each English muffin with one slice of cheese, ham, and a cooked egg.
- Top with other half of English muffin.
- Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- To reheat, place in microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast sandwich
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 1158.1mg
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 21.9g
- Cholesterol: 229.7mg
Keywords: homemade egg mcmuffins, breakfast meal prep,