These lunchbox tacos are a hit, and it’s no mystery why! You get the classic ham and cheese combo in a soft tortilla that’s easy to eat.
The best part: you can customize this idea with any deli meat and cheese you have on hand- let me show you how!
Easy Lunchbox Tacos
Lunch tacos are one of the smartest ways to turn leftover tortillas into an easy and healthy meal your kids will ask you to make on repeat. They’re quick to assemble and pack great in a lunch container.
I like to keep it simple with deli meat, cheese, and fresh lettuce for a bit of crunch, plus, these ingredients fill up the tortilla fast and won’t make it soggy.
If you’d like to add ranch dressing or honey mustard, you can pack it in a mini sauce container, so it’s easy to drizzle on the taco before eating.
What is in these Lunchbox Tacos
Here’s a list of what you’ll need for lunchbox tacos
- Tortillas: the small flour ones work great.
- Deli ham: sliced turkey, roast beef, and chicken also work great.
- Cheese: use any of your favorite sliced or shredded cheese.
- Lettuce: to fill the taco.
- Snacks: could be fruit, veggies, protein bites- anything!
Watch how these fun ham sandwich tacos are made in this quick video!
New and delicious lunch ideas made with simple ingredients are the BEST, and I’ve got plenty of them for you to try in this guide:
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
How to Pack Lunchbox Tacos for Lunch
The secret to keeping these tacos intact while in the lunchbox is to pack them in a compartment that’s large enough to fit them but small enough that the tacos don’t fall over. This will prevent the ingredients from falling out and the lunch from becoming a ham and cheese salad.
To keep the tortillas from soaking up excess moisture, any fruit, veggies, and snacks should be packed separately. A compartmentalized lunch container works great for moments like this!Print
Easy Lunchbox Tacos
Ham and cheese lunchbox tacos are a clever way to use up those leftover tortillas and kid-favorite ingredients for a healthy meal that’s quick to assemble and pack.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 lunch
- Category: Lunch
- 2 mini flour tortillas
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 3–4 ounces sliced deli ham, turkey, or chicken
- 1 slice cheese, halved
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup halved strawberries
- Place the tortillas onto a flat surface and top two with the lettuce, ham, and cheese. Fold the tortillas and pack the tacos into a compartmentalized lunch container.
- Add the fruit and additional snacks into the empty compartments to keep them separate from the tortillas.
- Close the lunch container and pack it into a lunch bag with an ice pack.
*Nutrition facts are calculated without fruit.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 1619 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Leave a Reply