Are you purchasing the same boxed snacks week after week?
If so, you are in a snack-rut.
It’s so easy to pick up the usual popcorn, pretzels, cookies and crackers while walking the aisles at the grocery store. I know I am guilty of it.
Eventually, my kids tire of the usual and start asking for something new for their lunch box and at snack time. You know, they need to cure their after-school hunger pains.
This snack mix is easy to make and you can mix up a large batch of it for the week.
Popcorn, pretzels, california raisins… all covered in a light maple glaze with just a touch of cinnamon. A little bit salty and a little bit sweet.
Believe me when I say it won’t just appeal to the kids for snacking…you might just find it hard to resist yourself.Print
Maple Glazed Snack Mix
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup almonds or pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine popcorn, pretzels, nuts and raisins, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter. Once butter is melted add maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir to combine and heat syrup through. Take off heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn/pretzel mixture and quickly toss to coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour popcorn/pretzel mix onto baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
How many batches would I have to make for a class of 40 students?
This yields 8-10 servings. I hope this helps!
Love this. Omitted the nuts and made it for my daughter’s class for Halloween. Looked adorable packed up in a Halloween baggie. We definitely love it with the pecans at home. Very addictive!
Great idea Dolores!!
Any idea why more then half my popcorn became soggy and deflated after pouring on the maple mixture? Should I have let the maple cool down more?
These are SO good…I made these for the first time yesterday when my kids had some friends over. They were ALL gone
I just made a second batch and I can tell you after this weekend with baseball games they will not be around for long. VERY YUMMY and what I love is they are SO easy to make.
Netty! way to go on making homemade snacks! this is perfect for baseball games… sweet and it won’t melt. :)